1965 Fargo 100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive. Looks like the back slice will be more challenging, but you have proven you have the eye. Looking forward to watching.
icon14.gif

Impressive. Looks like the back slice will be more challenging, but you have proven you have the eye. Looking forward to watching.
icon14.gif

Thanks Skip, I think the back will be easier as the swoop line runs parallel to the top, so it's just a matter of cutting a 5.5 inch piece out just in front of the box cap.

Thanks Skip, I think the back will be easier as the swoop line runs parallel to the top, so it's just a matter of cutting a 5.5 inch piece out just in front of the box cap.
Oh, good to hear. It didn't look like it to me. Shortening the 47 Chevy bed I used was much easier. :D Again, nice work.

Finally got a shipment of parts in. 2 inch drop spindles and triangulated four link with bags. I did lot of reading and found both good and bad but a very good ebay rating for Chassis Tech.

The spindles are advertised as American made and are very nice looking units that fit very well. If I hadn't had to fight with the cotter pins in the lower ball joints they would have installed in 30 minute each.

The four link and bags look real good and well put together, the only thing I noticed is the link arms are right hand thread on both ends.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Photo of the left side spindle installed.

attachment.php

Right side about to get installed.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of 4link 002.JPG
    Resize of 4link 002.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Resize of 4link 003.JPG
    Resize of 4link 003.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 123
  • Resize of 4link 004.JPG
    Resize of 4link 004.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Resize of 4link 001.JPG
    Resize of 4link 001.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 122
Nice job on the box. [cl [cl
I helped a guy that wanted to section a Ford shoe box once and when I showed up he had it marked for cutting by just taking a 3 inch section from around the middle of the whole car.:eek:
No allowances for wheel openings, body lines, etc.
Nice to see something different being done to what some would consider to be sort of an ugly duckling. ;)
[P [P
Torchie

Nice! Very precision work. [P

Nice job on the box. [cl [cl
I helped a guy that wanted to section a Ford shoe box once and when I showed up he had it marked for cutting by just taking a 3 inch section from around the middle of the whole car.:eek:
No allowances for wheel openings, body lines, etc.
Nice to see something different being done to what some would consider to be sort of an ugly duckling. ;)
[P [P
Torchie

Thanks a bunch guys.

builds like this, wierdy not-oft-seen models, with a plan and quality work, is why I am here.

keep it up! outstanding progress! [cl

Got a little more done, finished marking out the rear cut and getting it dissected. Found some serious rust that will need repair in the bottom of the post pockets where the bed side connect to the rear cross member. I had to remove the outer corner pieces of the bed floor to do the cut properly. A couple pic and videos.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://youtu.be/VbYYhD4jYCc

https://youtu.be/VRi2CARK2xo

Attachments

• Resize of Cut 001.JPG
    Resize of Cut 001.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 142
  • Resize of Cut 002.JPG
    Resize of Cut 002.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Resize of Cut 003.JPG
    Resize of Cut 003.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 143
Been hard at it yesterday and today. Got the structual rust repairs done and the the back end of the box fitted and tacked..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And a video

https://youtu.be/szUqm9Ic3rI

Attachments

• Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 004.JPG
    Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 004.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 006.JPG
    Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 006.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 005.JPG
    Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 005.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 003.JPG
    Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 003.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 002.JPG
    Resize of Swepline shorten part 4 002.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 4
Because of the position the cab had to sit on the Chevy frame I had to move the motor ahead 2.5 inches. After many hours of brain hurting thought I formulated a plan that worked [S.It even moved the motor over 1 inch to the left which really helped with centering the motor, and 1 inch down which helped with reducing the down angle it had almost 5.3 degrees and now had 4.1.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Engine move 001.JPG
    Resize of Engine move 001.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 84