Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The states needs to really get on the band wagon about distracted driving... as per usual too little to late...
Can't tell you how many accidents we get regularly that someone was focused on their phone screen and not the car ahead... nothing that important

There's talk of taking this violation to the next level, "Criminal Negligence"... that's a serious charge with serious repercussions! I'm all for it...

Agreed.... there is nothing so important that you have to use the cell phone... if you must, then get it hands free... but still doesn't help with those darn text messages... Only time you really need the phone is if you breakdown or lost... then stop... and make a call... 75% of our rear end collisions lately have been younger 17 to 25 year old females...

I see people of all ages and all walks of life messing with their phones on the fly... stupid doesn't discriminate and neither does the coroner!

Understood... in a smaller community with lower speeds like ours, 30 to 40mph...we see a majority of rear end collisions or Tbone accidents at the bigger intersections.... Bigger cities around us have freeways and higher speed 55mph roadways that we don't have... so the seriousness of the injury is lessened but the stupidity of texting and being on the phone while driving is a concern that encompasses all ages...you are correct...

Sgt, I'd like to add a comment on this 'phone driving'. Not only are you taking your eyes and hands away from driving, you are taking away your brain, even on a hands free. If the phone call excites any of your emotions, you will be distracted from driving, and ----- you will make poor decisions.

Here in our little country it`s stupid busy on the roads but still so many just cant keep their hands off the phones... Police now use big busses to catch truck drivers too... thats about time....

Last edited:
texting on the phone while driving is stupid as sight seeing while driving. talking on a hands free system is no different then you talking to your passengers or singing to the radio while driving. we have all been talking for years.

Sgt, I'd like to add a comment on this 'phone driving'. Not only are you taking your eyes and hands away from driving, you are taking away your brain, even on a hands free. If the phone call excites any of your emotions, you will be distracted from driving, and ----- you will make poor decisions.

Agreed for sure.... What boggles my mind is that they don't even really go over it in drivers education more than brush over it... THAT really amazes me.... Matter of fact, the other day I saw the drivers ed teacher out with a student using his phone... I stopped him later on giving him how I felt about that conduct in front of the student driver.... it was like I was making such a big deal about nothing... then I said something about a citation and that got his attention... :eek:

Tucked well behind my preferred parts distributor, 50 feet off the paved apron. (I'm guessing, it's been tagged by a delivery truck in it's past. [S)

I didn't stop in to suggest, "I'd strip the paint, chop it, channel it and stuff a blown big block in it." :p

attachment.php

In front of my office today, waiting for the train to pass... could use a little rake adjustment and some extra RUBBER on those wheels... anyhow, the body and paint looked very well done and it sounded evil as a mother... in... law. [ddd

attachment.php

Attachments

• traffic 64.JPG
    traffic 64.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 120
  • traffic 65.JPG
    traffic 65.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 117
That Model A is a beauty!

Agreed! I believe our forum friend (Blue Eyed Devil) calls it a five window coupe. (Sorry, BED... I couldn't resist!)

As traffic pictures go, I often see a cool Divco delivery van... near as I can tell, he sells and/or distributes... something. [S Sooner or later, I'll corner him and get a shot or three...

Agreed! I believe our forum friend (Blue Eyed Devil) calls it a five window coupe. (Sorry, BED... I couldn't resist!)

As traffic pictures go, I often see a cool Divco delivery van... near as I can tell, he sells and/or distributes... something. [S Sooner or later, I'll corner him and get a shot or three...

I like your sass Dr. C, keep it up [cl

I've got a neighbour that either distributes or buys something on a regular basis... If it's the same something you're referring to... But he doesn't drive anything cool.

I caught up with the Divco today. He's (obviously) an AMSOIL dealer and he drives it year 'round...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• traffic 66.JPG
    traffic 66.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 56
  • traffic 67.JPG
    traffic 67.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Back