48 DODGE Pilot House Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the rear corner windows installed today. After breaking one and
having to get a second set of rubber seals. More wasted money. I never dreamed that this would turn into such an ordeal. But I do like the view.

Not sure how I missed this, but great job they look awesome! Man I can't wait to get some glass in the cab!

Not sure how I missed this, but great job they look awesome! Man I can't wait to get some glass in the cab!

Thanks DR.
I hope your glass doesn't fight you like mine did.
The flat pieces weren't bad but the corner glass was a pain.
Stay after it, You're getting there.

Hey Pops

I am loving that new look with the single rear wheels...I will be doing an 8 lug project in the next year or so...

Funny you talk about burnouts and such...I spent many many years racing roundy rounds and I still miss it a lot....still wondering sometimes why I sold everything....this street driving is for the birds...that feeling you get deep down in as you power out of the corners and sail down the back stretch...oh my gosh...nothing like it...

thanks for bringing it back to mind for me...

MikeC

Thanks Mike,

Seems like when start thinking about all the fun you used to have in the old days it's really easy to forget the bad times. Lord knows there was a fair share of those. Nice to remember tho once in a while.

Did you get my PM?

POPS

Took the duals off and stuck some 285/70-17 tires and wheels on.
Definitely a lot less traction but also a lot less weight and rolling mass.
Which translates to burnouts.

The wife says I need to grow up but I refuse.

I think I like the dually look better, but I can't argue with burnouts being fun. [cl

The single-wheel look is good too, it's deceiving since those tires really don't look like they're nearly 33" tall.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think I like the dually look better, but I can't argue with burnouts being fun. [cl

The single-wheel look is good too, it's deceiving since those tires really don't look like they're nearly 33" tall.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like both looks and it's nice to have the option of either one.
I think I need to go to a smaller tire up front. Maybe this month
I'll do that.
Thanks for the comments.

So I'm thinking of doing something different in the open area of
my grille.
I'm looking for a 1/4 ID x 3/8" OD hard copper line that I can use.
Does anyone know of a source?
I think a aged copper look insert is what I want.

I'm on board with the smaller tires up front.
Smaller tires up front will require you either cutting the lower part of your grille off or raising in a bit.
Those look like 235x16 tires so will you go to 215x16 ?

I'm on board with the smaller tires up front.
Smaller tires up front will require you either cutting the lower part of your grille off or raising in a bit.
Those look like 235x16 tires so will you go to 215x16 ?

What I've got on there now is the 215x16. Not sure what the smallest 16"
light truck tire is. Maybe 205?
The grill mod is already on the to do list. If you look real close you can see that it has hung up already and has pulled away a little. A bit to low>

Isn't standard 1/4 copper water pipe 3/8OD?

Forgot to add a link to how to patina it in different colors...
http://www.sciencecompany.com/Patina-Formulas-for-Brass-Bronze-and-Copper-W160.aspx#9

Home Depot and Lowes in my area only carries 1/4" soft copper tubing in
rolls which is 1/4" OD.
I know I've seen 1/4" ID hard copper line some where. Maybe for refrigeration? I may have to go to Albuquerque and hit the supply houses.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting
Have you used this process?

I was just going to let mother nature have her way with it. But I'd have to endure the shiny copper look for a while.

Home Depot and Lowes in my area only carries 1/4" soft copper tubing in
rolls which is 1/4" OD.
I know I've seen 1/4" ID hard copper line some where. Maybe for refrigeration? I may have to go to Albuquerque and hit the supply houses.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting
Have you used this process?

I was just going to let mother nature have her way with it. But I'd have to endure the shiny copper look for a while.

We have used a similar solution that we spray on copper to patina it to the green color yes.

Changed front tires to 205/60/16. Now I need to trim the bottom of
the grill and do the mod to it.
Maybe Thursday, gotta fix the fence so the dogs don't leave.

Attachments

• IMG_1109 (1000x667).jpg
    IMG_1109 (1000x667).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1133 (1000x667).jpg
    IMG_1133 (1000x667).jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1146 (1000x667).jpg
    IMG_1146 (1000x667).jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1132 (1000x667).jpg
    IMG_1132 (1000x667).jpg