just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80-17103732_10154420611657776_7122349944882671315_n_39a1dfa44357fb3a372ff9d4fc1576f4ed6985b4.jpg

Great bunch of pictures, mav. :D

This shot is from Victoria BC - 1947

attachment.php

Here's another to go with it...

attachment.php

Attachments

• cc 622 Victoria 1947.jpg
    cc 622 Victoria 1947.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 81
  • cc 621 Victoria.jpg
    cc 621 Victoria.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 81
attachment.php

attachment.php

Neil Young

attachment.php

RIP Eddie Shack

attachment.php

Attachments

• fp 167.jpg
    fp 167.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 68
  • fp 318.jpg
    fp 318.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 69
  • fp 323 Eddie Shack.jpg
    fp 323 Eddie Shack.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 138
  • fp 324.jpg
    fp 324.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 68
No helmets, wood stick. Eddie got lots of PIM's. Those were the days...

Loved Neil Young. Too bad he went off the rails.

No helmets, wood stick. Eddie got lots of PIM's. Those were the days...

Loved Neil Young. Too bad he went off the rails.

I agree on both subjects.

I've tried in vain (several times) to find a certain documentary about Neil, made in the late '70s, early '80s. It was more about his personal life than his music and his (then) passion for old cars. What stands out in my memory is a fairly large collection of COE trucks...

If memory serves... He had a monster model train set up in a barn on his Cali property. Supposedly one of the world's largest. Lost it in the fires a year or two ago. Someone could research this and prove me all wrong. I'm too lazy so I'm sticking to my story.

A couple years ago I saw on the HAMB (I think) that someone there ran into him in front of a tony oceanfront hotel. He was getting a guitar out of the trunk of a '57 or '58 Mercury.

He's the only person I can sing along with and I don't sound any worse than he does. But I love his music. Well, many tunes anyhow.

The "find the Canadian" pic illustrates that Canadians prefer something on their buns.

Doc, not sure if this book would cover the COE collection and I know this is an Amazon link but read the editorial review here. Early life as told by Neil. The review doesn't mention COEs but maybe the book would. Not saying this is the documentary you were looking for but I'll bet you enjoy what they give in the review. All text but no pix that I saw.

https://www.amazon.com/Special-Deluxe-Memoir-Life-Cars/dp/014751651X

Thanks for the link, smallfoot. (I might have to spend $4 for a used copy. :p)

Bob, you forced me to do some footwork! Neil lost an estimated $850 000 in Rock & Roll memorabilia to a fire. He also lost a Malibu home, but the train collection is at the ranch you mentioned.

Neil Young Lionel trains

Clear the Track...Here comes Shack! Classic photo of Buffalo Sabre Eddie Shack jumping on the back of California Golden Seal Gerry Ehman

Who here remembers the Golden Seals?

Are you kidding? :rolleyes:

- Kansas City Scouts
- Atlanta Flames
- Colorado Rockies
- Minnesota North Stars
- Quebec Nordiques
- Hartford Whalers

Did I miss anybody? [S

Clear the Track...Here comes Shack! Classic photo of Buffalo Sabre Eddie Shack jumping on the back of California Golden Seal Gerry Ehman

who here remembers the Golden Seals?

I do!!
They finally opened the local rink here by me, then a storm rolled in and took the roof off and now I have to wait until September before I can get back on the ice. This really stinks!

If memory serves... He had a monster model train set up in a barn on his Cali property. Supposedly one of the world's largest. Lost it in the fires a year or two ago. Someone could research this and prove me all wrong. I'm too lazy so I'm sticking to my story.

A couple years ago I saw on the HAMB (I think) that someone there ran into him in front of a tony oceanfront hotel. He was getting a guitar out of the trunk of a '57 or '58 Mercury.

He's the only person I can sing along with and I don't sound any worse than he does. But I love his music. Well, many tunes anyhow.

The "find the Canadian" pic illustrates that Canadians prefer something on their buns.

i guess you never listened to bob dylan.

My Dad was a big Hockey Fan. He played in High School. I remember his skates hanging in the basement. I remember him taking me to skate when I was maybe 6 years old (1965) at the DU ice rink. He'd give me a 3/4 rink head start and then I'd hear the sound of him running on the tips of his skates as he took off, then he'd blow by me at what seemed like 100 mph and pitch em' side ways in a full on hockey stop at the other end!
He used to take me to see the "Denver Spurs" play at the Coliseum. They won the Western Hockey League Championship in 71-72.[cl

Attachments

• IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back