How many times to get it right?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec4193

Hi Rat Rodders

I have become very close friends with my tape measure...and my grinder and my welders too...

20220527-180534.jpg

First time with the tape and welders

20220527-180540.jpg

Still didn't look right....more chin scratching

20220727-180335.jpg

nothing was lining up again...

I finally had to to give up on it all...I made a post on a 6 cylinder Chevy Facebook group and asked what were my options to get this motor to sit in there in a correct way....

20220812-172224.jpg

Hortons hot rods out of Canada somewhere hooked me up with motor mounts...

In all honesty....I don't think I should be building these things but I need something to do at night...

So for this part...3 times for both the motor and the tranny mounts...

So how many times do you cut and chop and weld before you can sit back and say..."I think I got it"...???

MikeC

Mike my first time ground up build was a roadster using all the running gear from a Ford ranger. It was the twin I beam 4wd. Took six times starting over for the front and five for the rear suspension before it made it to the street.

Holy smokes my first, second and most likely the third time before ideas began making the builds look better.
Like smalls said!!!!!!!!!!

The older I get the more tries it takes. Experience works on the upside of life but after you turn the corner brain fade kicks in.

Practice, practice, practice. Sometimes that means making a bunch of mistakes and learning and improving.

It's normal to get discouraged, but if you let that stop you then you'll never get the chance to improve.

Sleep on it. Have woke up in the middle of the night with a solution to a problem. Sometimes the problem was I needed to go pee.:rolleyes: Sometimes it was about something I had been working on….

Latest posts

Back