Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must me talking about the Woodward cruise, the mother of all cruises. We get there early and make a couple passes from end to end then settle in near the Mopar display and do lots of walking. Then in the evening make our way up to Pontiac where it gets pretty wild. I absolutly love the Woodward cruise...cant wait for August.

I grew up in Waterford and spent a lot of time on Woodward Ave in my youth. It's amazing to see how it has grown since I moved to Florida 15 years ago.

Did a crap ton of racin on Gratiot and a bit on Woodward

I grew up in Waterford and spent a lot of time on Woodward Ave in my youth. It's amazing to see how it has grown since I moved to Florida 15 years ago.

Lived in Roseville for a time.....Favorite hang outs were Susy Q's on 11 and Gratiot and Big Boys at 14 and Gratiot...occasionally would get over to Woodward but not often....The Woodward cruise has gotten to be almost too big.....jmo......

We should see more rods actually being driven and used. When I moved to California in the late '70's I thought I would be seeing hot rods on every corner. Never saw one in daily use. Same here in Florida now, rarely if ever see one.

Me, I drove mine every day, to work, the grocery store, etc. Gonna do the same thing when the new T is running.

Thanks for posting that, looks like a nice lil Tudor.

Don

It would definitely be cool to see more old school hotrods running around everyday!! Here in NW Arkansas they are more prevalent than other places I've lived, but they're getting scarce again. My buddies and I are attempting to remedy that situation. You can see my ole 48' sitting out front of the Police Dept (work) by a bunch of cruisers five nights a week.

Could it be we see less hotrods because of the way many are registered and insured . Many have restrictions on their use placed upon them by the insurance companiies and by the type of registrations issued by the DMV's . Plus the never ending road repairs , the heavy traffic , less friendly LEO's , ignorant drivers , ignorant 18 wheeler drivers ' The highways are not the fun places they used to be . Just sayin

Maybe cheating a little here, buts its definetly in traffic. This was last summer at the Telegraph Cruise in metro Detroit. The best cruises in the country happen in the Detroit area. And I have to say the local police do an incredible job of allowing us to have fun and bend the rules while keeping things in control.
That is cool of the Police to ease up. Must be something to do with being where cars are made or something. Around here, they want to charge you $35 per foot of rubber for destroying public property. Sheesh. Even where the cruises are in parking lots it is considered reckless driving or some such nonsense. Good thing there is a dragstrip a couple miles away. [cl

Saw this at the upholstery shop near my house the other day! Looks like it's gittin' a new ragtop! Saaaaweeeet!!! [dr

BoB

Attachments

• newtop.jpg
    newtop.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 43
Snapped this on the way home from work yesterday..had mixed feelings about it, most of me just wanted to take it home and build a cool rat out of it, the other smaller part of me just felt sorry for the poor old Chevy that was draggin it home..

0222121730.jpg

The was on a car lot down the street from my place... don't see one of these very often!!! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• fairmontranchero.jpg
    fairmontranchero.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 79
So are ya gonna buy it? :D It's a rarity to see any of those box cars around here - they didn't survive the salt well.

So are ya gonna buy it? :D It's a rarity to see any of those box cars around here - they didn't survive the salt well.

No way... those were... ummmm... well... less than good looking IMO! [ddd

Very often? I don't think I've ever seen one until now. [S

Out of sheer, morbid curiosity...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Durango

Wow... I'd never seen one either & thought someone just cut down a station wagon! Learn something new every day!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Heres a few more that are wrong

Attachments

• 0601091201a.jpg
    0601091201a.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 0306091747.jpg
    0306091747.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 80
  • imagejpeg952952.jpg
    imagejpeg952952.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 81
Saw this parked down the street from my buddy's house today! Looked really good for a more door! :D

BoB

Attachments

• rambler.jpg
    rambler.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 50
That looks like a low income Gangsta mobile...

Saw this parked down the street from my buddy's house today! Looked really good for a more door! :D

BoB
Like guido and bugsy couldn't afford a caddy....
don't think I've ever seen one in black like that...mostly those funky greens and blues and two tones....looks kinda neat....

Latest posts

Back