Bullitt coming to Kissimmee Florida

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are a couple of hours away too, but I would love to see this car go across the block. My sons and I occasionally throw the movie in the VCR, and it is always like just watching it for the first time.

I think the owner is making a good choice. He needs to sell it while there is still an audience who remembers the movie and who the car is iconic to. As time goes on, younger people will say "Bullitt who ?".

What is funny is how his family actually drove the car as a daily driver ! I would have been afraid of someone stealing it or it getting into a bad wreck.

It's funny they kept it locked away all these years, and now just a year and a half (roughly) after debuting it to the world again they've decided to auction it off.

It makes sense though, to be the caretaker of this car has got to be a lot of work and as Don said now is the right time to sell. I hope it goes to the right buyer. They expect it to go over 3.5 Million :eek: I guess the first Cobra did go for $13.75M. It will be interesting to see what it goes for.

I've actually never seen Bullit... :eek:

I've actually never seen Bullit... :eek:

A good cop movie, but it is really about THIS

As a Mopar fan I hated what happened to the Charger, but trivia time, The guy driving the Charger is the stunt man, who was the chase driver in the "Seven Ups", and Also "The French Connection" chase.

EDIT Watching the chase sequence again I did notice the camera mounts under the car as is on this car about to be auctioned.

I think the math is a little off, 34000 x 20 is only 680,000.

No matter, and actually, the owner said his family paid 3500 for the car, therefore that thing sitting on jackstands for 35 years accumulated just under 1000 times the profit!

The most I ever made on my carvestments might have been 1200.

Fixed it. Meant 200X. $34,000 x 100 is $3.4M, so your 100X approximation values it at $34,000 (if it were any other Mustang). That's why I said 200X because I don't see it being worth that much without the history. The $3,500 in 2019 dollars with inflation is about $15,000, for interest sake.

For the vast majority of people on the hobby, the expectation of making money on their car is unrealistic.

For the vast majority of people on the hobby, the expectation of making money on their car is unrealistic.

I heard that...thats why I have taken this one so far moneywise, and drive it as much as possible.

Today coincidentally, I'm taking it the 47 miles to Kissimmee, OldTown, which is a Mouse inspired, small town/amusement park/weekly car show.

Latest posts

Back