another hobby.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that some people who have to plow to live probably don't share my views, but there is something about piloting a tractor with a purpose in mind to melt some of the problems of today away. Although I don't farm out here, I love working a tractor. Outside of clearing debris and putting logs on the mill, and moving old vehicles around out here, I've been maintaining the road into here for over 30 years and I have to say, it's strangely satisfying! Love the pix Mac!

I have to agree. I just have a small yard tractor with a loader but there's just something about doing even the most minor tractor work that feels so peaceful and satisfying.

I know that some people who have to plow to live probably don't share my views, but there is something about piloting a tractor with a purpose in mind to melt some of the problems of today away. Although I don't farm out here, I love working a tractor. Outside of clearing debris and putting logs on the mill, and moving old vehicles around out here, I've been maintaining the road into here for over 30 years and I have to say, it's strangely satisfying! Love the pix Mac!

I agree Smallfoot!
When I'm on one of my tractors, I'm thinking about the job at hand, not the other million things I need to do. There's just something about clearing land, bush hogging fields and turning dirt that clears the mind. Running equipment has always been a second enjoyment of mine. And doing it with vintage equipment is even more fun.

I recently bought another tractor. Going through it now as the clutch was stuck and it leaked like there`s no tomorrow.
It`s a German built 1962 Irus 2 wheel tractor with a 27ci :eek: Hirth 2stroke diesel.

Attachments

• IMG20220917183529 (2).jpg
    IMG20220917183529 (2).jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 14
Got to agree with 5snopro440, tractor work is "very peaceful & satisfying.
Only thing that would have made it better would using my AC WD vintage tractor. :):)
Kabota-Mowing-10.jpg

Oh yes 28, we got back from our trip. We went all of the way to the eastern tip of Newfoundland, by staying in Canada, and coming home we crossed over into the States after we checked out Niagra Falls. Lake Michigan and Lake Superior were between the Falls and home so we chose to go a wee bit south, through Chicago and then angle up towards Saskatchewan, instead of going a way north in Ontario on the east side of the lakes.
We missed the 'turning colours' of the leaves in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, but we got to see them changing after we got into the States and when we got home our trees were gloriously coloured.

Sounds like a great trip that was on your "Bucket List", Glad you got to make it & had a great time. [cl Now back to Tractors & Hot Rods for the winter. [;)

Speaking of winter, we finally got it, last night. There's about 7 or 8 inches of snow on the ground now.
So I've been planning my snow blade updates. A few years ago I made a small steel toboggan that fit under the trailing edge of my blade when it's angled. This 'slider' stops the corner of the blade from cutting into the lawn. The leading edge is rarely a problem as it is usually up on the driveway where the ground is frozen and packed hard. This year we haven't had much cold weather and the ground is so dry that the lawn will be ripped to shreds by the blade corner. Anyhow, when I made this little toboggan I didn't angle it enough so when the blade is angled the toboggan was 'out-toed' and it caught on something last winter and ripped off. So I've modified the direction it faces now.

Attachments

• IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 21
We got snow Tuesday night I to Wednesday morning. My little corner of the world has had over a foot so far, three good snowfalls so far. Dad and I drove from Sherwood Park to east of Lloydminster today, lots of snow at home, lots of snow in Lloyd, not so much in between.

We had a surprise Plowday last Monday. It worked out quite well. The soil was good and the field was rectangular, a half mile long. One down-side was the occasional biggish rock. These rocks made the plows jump out of the ground or trip the bottoms back. There were seven John Deere's there and one Minneapolis-Moline U. Four of the John Deere's were 730's I have a picture of three of them and the fourth one is hidden in the background. You just make out the back of a guy away back there, [The Tractor Whisperer that I've talked about], fixing his rock bruised plow.
One of the 730's is mine and the MM U is my daughter's, and she sent her husband to run it that day.
A friend of mine showed up with a 37 Plymouth truck. Very Nice.

Attachments

• IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 13
It would be cool to see events like that around here again. Unfortunately, the closest we get is the big machines turning woods into subdivisions. Nice machinery Mac!

Latest posts

Back