Welding table project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I'm going to build myself a 3'X6' welding/jig table. It'll also have extensions. I went to the steel store today and picked up a bunch of steel and some extras today. Fun place! But it's so expensive and you can hardly find used stuff any more.

I'm going to be using a table I bought on an online local auction. I used my new utility trailer to pick it up.

Nothin' like havin' a good welding table! There's a good used steel place in Houston with all kinds of crazy scrap pieces but sadly not out here where I am now. I was surprised how little the steel I bought locally for my frame was though... 24' (2"x3" 3/16") @ 2.02/ft = $48.48! [cl[;)[;)[cl

BoB

Now I have a place to put my Wilton vise. I bought this at an Estate sale for $50! I typically it apart, cleaned it up and painted it. That was a date stamp on it from 1962.

You mean you stole that one....been seeing Wiltons go big around here!

Welded on a few more pieces. I'll remove the bracing next. Its pretty solid with the 3"X3" top frame. I need to make the center legs, and figure out what to do about shelves, drawers or other storage. I was thinking of hitting the surplus and donation stores to see what I can find.

I'm using 2"X2" for the center legs. Cut and drilled the pads for the wheels.

Legs are welded on.

I'm sure using the heck out of this table before its even finished. It going to be really handy. The height is just right its comfortable to work at without having to bend over. There will be lots of areas available to clamp project pieces to the table.

Latest posts

Back