Elegant decay aka the "Ratty Caddy."

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Ive actually had an offer to sell it already, LB.
But if it comes to that you would be at the top of my list😎😎
Torchie

I'm surprised you haven't had more offers to buy it! It is a killer car. I would make the journey out to get it if you decided to sell it

Funny enough I ran across this old thread: http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38228

Was it foreshadowing?

Honestly, $700 for the adapter, while outrageous, doesn't sound like such an amount to go around searching for a different engine. If you were to try save cost on that, you could easily spend as much to get a different good-running engine. The nailhead would make for some fun "what the heck" reactions when you lift the hood.

I'm surprised you haven't had more offers to buy it! It is a killer car. I would make the journey out to get it if you decided to sell it

Funny enough I ran across this old thread: http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38228

Was it foreshadowing?

Honestly, $700 for the adapter, while outrageous, doesn't sound like such an amount to go around searching for a different engine. If you were to try save cost on that, you could easily spend as much to get a different good-running engine. The nailhead would make for some fun "what the heck" reactions when you lift the hood.

I agree with your point snopro. Just a quick look see shows that a good engine and trans combo will be more then the adapter.
I will just have to start squirrling away what i can.
The first priority is a windshield.
Actually i have had a few people sniffing around it already LB
IF i decide it has to go I will give you first shot at it.😎
As usual the first thoughts are the ones we come back to. I really want to use the nail head. Lets call it “ Diamonds and rust”. My favorite Joan Baez song.
Torchie

Mrs Presley is in the house.😎
Torchie

Attachments

• 92C08D1D-0FC9-4F9B-81E8-BB25DAB8951A.jpg
    92C08D1D-0FC9-4F9B-81E8-BB25DAB8951A.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 29
Started my day at 7 a.m. sitting on the floor next to the bed.:eek::p:eek:
No injuries. Took about 45 minutes for me to figure out how to get up. Small space and nothing to grab onto.:p
The day went up from there.
My brother showed up with a brand new shiny title. IT's tends to be a PITA to get a title for a car like this. The fact that he did I'm taking as a sign....:cool:[cl
We went through the car. And despite the looks it is very complete.:cool:
All of the really $$$ and hard to find rocker trim pieces were there. As well as what ever they took/cut out of the engine bay.Good stuff.
Keep on keeping on...
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4392.jpg
    IMG_4392.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4393.jpg
    IMG_4393.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4396.jpg
    IMG_4396.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4397.jpg
    IMG_4397.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4400.jpg
    IMG_4400.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 17
Home at last! Not all the hazards are in the garage..... glad things went better.
Interesting how they used a black base color only on the front sheetmetal - seen this on other GMs of the period..[S

Home at last! Not all the hazards are in the garage..... glad things went better.
Interesting how they used a black base color only on the front sheetmetal - seen this on other GMs of the period..[S

Today started out better, ZZ
I woke up in bed.:p
Thats an interesting comment about the black on the car.
My Dodge has a black Coating like that and its like an E coat.
Ive sanded bricks that were easier then that coating.?????
Torchie

More info.
The color on the car is called “French Gray” according to the body tag on the firewall.
I know to some it may look like old crappy white but it’s definitely gray in person.
Torchie

Great score Torchie, and sorry to hear about your rude awakening the other morning. I've been away for a week and it sure seems like a lot can happen around here in just a week. Late to the patina party, but I used Sweet Patina on my Thriftmaster and couldn't be happier with it. I applied it once last year and it's still looking good. It doesn't sit out in the sun, but I've washed it at least a half dozen times.

Great score Torchie, and sorry to hear about your rude awakening the other morning. I've been away for a week and it sure seems like a lot can happen around here in just a week. Late to the patina party, but I used Sweet Patina on my Thriftmaster and couldn't be happier with it. I applied it once last year and it's still looking good. It doesn't sit out in the sun, but I've washed it at least a half dozen times.

Thanks Bill.
Did you use their cleaner too?
Im still in the investigation mode.😳😂😎
Torchie

Thanks Bill.
Did you use their cleaner too?
Im still in the investigation mode.😳😂😎
Torchie

Treasure Hunting.[cl:cool:
Emptied ou the trun yesterday.
A full set of 53 Cadillac Wheel Covers.
All the really hard to find rocker trim. Including the 2 long ones.[cl:D:cool::cool:
The sheet metal parts are a DS dog leg as well as what I think might be part of the replacement rockers.
Also went through the box in the front seat.
All the removed or cut off pieces from under the hood are there.
Crazy hood springs. And my latch is missing the safety catch along with the release handle.More searching.......
That's all for now folks.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4422.jpg
    IMG_4422.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4423.jpg
    IMG_4423.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4431.jpg
    IMG_4431.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 14