What do you use to weld?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used silicon bronze before so I bought some wire to play with and will do a little practicing with it before long.

This is what I'm going to use to weld with, I hope. It is a stick, MIG, and TIG model. I bought a long 240V extension cord for it and a little cart. Now I'll be able to MIG weld vehicles that are up on the hoist, or outside.

Attachments

• IMG_3011.jpg
    IMG_3011.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
This is what I'm going to use to weld with, I hope. It is a stick, MIG, and TIG model. I bought a long 240V extension cord for it and a little cart. Now I'll be able to MIG weld vehicles that are up on the hoist, or outside.

Nice unit Mac! Which model is it? 205, 215, 235? Did it come with the TIG kit?

It looks pretty similar to the Miller I have my eye on.

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Last edited:
Snopro, it is a ESAB, 215 model. I haven't opened all of the little bags of stuff yet but I think the MIG and TIG set ups are there. I already have the argon bottle and hose for my other welder so I should be good to go. My old welder is a Powcon, one of the first inverter welders. The company that made it never had much for parts and they went out of business in the nineties.

Snopro, it is a ESAB, 215 model. I haven't opened all of the little bags of stuff yet but I think the MIG and TIG set ups are there. I already have the argon bottle and hose for my other welder so I should be good to go. My old welder is a Powcon, one of the first inverter welders. The company that made it never had much for parts and they went out of business in the nineties.

Yeah looks like the ESAB 215 has the TIG torch included. The Miller I've been eyeing up doesn't. It's cheaper than the ESAB, but once you add the TIG kit in it definitely isn't.

Latest posts

Back