Teslonda

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still hot rodding I guess... Gasser Honda Ha, Ha! I would have put on slicks and moved the battery pack back and done some wheelies. I'd also like to see the motor and how it's connected to the diff. - too much electronic gizmoism for cavemen like me, it needs to be simpler (and cheaper) for average dudes to embrace electric hot rods.

Hard to get excited! We discussed electric stuff at the pool table last night. One of the shooters brought up the 200 mph indy style electric cars....more words here than there...[ddd:D

There is a future for electric powered hot rods.

Did you know that some people are actually offended by the sound of a ground-pounding tire-smoking monster-V8-powered car?

I know its hard to believe, but I heard if from a reliable source when I was still a kid. :eek:

WOWSERS!

It's still hot rodding I guess... Gasser Honda Ha, Ha! I would have put on slicks and moved the battery pack back and done some wheelies. I'd also like to see the motor and how it's connected to the diff. - too much electronic gizmoism for cavemen like me, it needs to be simpler (and cheaper) for average dudes to embrace electric hot rods.

What ZZ said! Pretty cool but... a good ol American V8 rumblin' under the hood is what floats the ol Tripper's boat! Maybe my son could figure out all that electronic mess but that's way outta my league! Dude's definitely a geek!

BoB

Monster garage did a drill battery powered Bel Air that did under 15 seconds. Think what doing it right can get.

That thing is really cool. Biggest draw back for the average person is that this car is running Linux software (all Tesla's do) and I'm pretty sure there isn't a lot of support for it - yet :)
Tesla may find a large after-market following if they played their cards right.

That thing is really cool. Biggest draw back for the average person is that this car is running Linux software (all Tesla's do) and I'm pretty sure there isn't a lot of support for it - yet :)
Tesla may find a large after-market following if they played their cards right.
Linux has been around for ever. That said, the S/W is likely unique to Tesla. I'm guessing that the aftermarket crowd is still a ways off. But, then again, I am afraid of what is under the hood of my two newest cars. :eek:

He's not wrong that you could have a vehicle that looks old but performs great with electric. However, that's not what it's about for me. My truck could perform much better if I put a more modern drivetrain in it, but I wanted something carbureted and noisy, and electric would just never satisfy what I'll want in a Hot Rod. I'll do my best to stay with internal combustion for the remainder of my life [cl

He's not wrong that you could have a vehicle that looks old but performs great with electric. However, that's not what it's about for me. My truck could perform much better if I put a more modern drivetrain in it, but I wanted something carbureted and noisy, and electric would just never satisfy what I'll want in a Hot Rod. I'll do my best to stay with internal combustion for the remainder of my life [cl

I second that!! I get harrassed for not doing an ls in my chevy. But I like being able to say I'm keeping a tri power running on and ol high compression 327. Anyone can plug a computer in and punch button's!

Well, very interesting cool and possibly the wave of the future, but like the others here, I like the rumble sound...especially when I pull up next to a Prius at a light. So offensive...:D

Latest posts

Back