OK... My kid just called....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
Asked if I wanted to buy a MillerMatic 250 welder complete with tanks, spool gun, 4 spools of Aluminum wire, 5 10lb spools of .035 wire and two self darking helmets for 750 bucks.....I said "is it stolen"? He said nope, it's from a truck repair shop that's going under....it's only a year old....I said "Yes"...
so he is brining it home.....Not sure what they go for but 750 sounded like a deal too good to pass on....pic's after he get's it home.....:D (how come I can't find deals like thing on a project car??)

I think it's a great deal. I think the whole package is worth at least 3 times that. Depends what you got there, but a good 30A Miller spool gun is worth $1000 by itself! Check the model #'s and show us the pics when you get 'em. :D

Last edited:
Welding shop says my Miller Matic 200 is still worth 1500 to 2000.
I gave 1350 for it when I bought it brand new
Yep Sarge, that my friend is a tremendous deal!!!!!!! Good snag

Helluva deal.. I've got a Miller 250X, I paid about $1800 for it with no spool gun close to ten years ago..I'd say you done good:D

I sort of figured it was a good deal....

Funny thing..went to the barn to check it out this am...not there..called the kid who was at work..."wheres the welder?"...he says.."needed to borrow it already....had to weld up the backhalf in Rodney's 57 Chev drag car"...."so you had to take the new one??"....."it was still the bed of my truck"..."Oh...so when does it get back here?...."we're almost done...when I get home"...10-4..pic's of the 57 and the welder to come.....sorry for the delay....

Latest posts

Back