Portland swap meet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 slikwilly

This w/e was the big Portland swap meet,, The weather corporated pretty good, had a few sprinkles but its normally a downpour.

For years I had a spot.. but the process of packing stuff up and moving it into the spot in a madhouse rush, hoping to sell something, then load up what stuff you didn't sell, and dragging it all back home,, 5o kick around for another year, so I quit for about 5 years or so

I had acculumited so many parts that I needed to get rid of stuff.. alot of brand new parts still in the boxes,, so this year I put the " Don't want to take it back home prices" on everything and sold nearly everything the first 2 days.. took sort of a beating on some things , but made out on others..
I did unload the chassis for a Anglia,,

Any body here happen to go ?
I even got a little sunburn,, The sun actually came out this W/E[cl

http://s670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/BADRAT01/

Did not make it down, was last there about 6 years ago, it sure was different than the "old days" walking around the race track.congrats on the spring cleaning.

It seemed to be down some from past years,, maybe the cost of fuel and traveling turned some out of state folks away,,
I didn't get a chance to shop around any,, seems like everytime I strolled off from my space,, to look around,, somebody was chasing me down,, at least I got rid of stuff,, and that was the reason I went,, not to drag home more stuff,,,[cl

I spent two days roaming the swapmeets. Built a rat bike with a trailer to peddle around the race track this year. Really saved my feet. I found a few treasures, and saw a few that have been there for years. At the Expo, it was all walking. Totally blew off the inside offerings this year. I was out of steam, and the prices go way up inside. :eek: Of course the stuff inside is usually shinier. :D

I had plans to be there. Sadly, I pulled up lame last week, and walking across the room is not even fun. I would never make the almost 5 miles at PIR. I would end up hiring one of those kids with the green HF wagons to haul my sorry self back to the parking lot. :mad:

I just know there will be something I can't possibly live without there for a steal-it price. :D

Have fun.

Latest posts

Back