whats your favorite tools to carry in your daily driver?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brchopper

sure I throw in some tools when I drive a distance but for just running back and forth to work for some reason I got nothing. My luck ran out last friday night. My clutch linkage fell apart at a busy intersection on a hill and I was stuck. The cops got there quick and were more than happy to call a wrecker and get me out of there. It hurt a little seeing my bueaty hauled up on a flat bed and it hurt a little more when I got home a realised I could of got home on my own if only I had a flashlight and a helpful hand. I dont want to carry every tool I own but was wondering what some of the favorites are ? New to my list is a flashlight.

My daily is a service truck lol,but my others I keep a cheap combo socket set and jumper cables.

94-7001772SPA71UC554300M.jpg

Jumper cables - yeah those too. I usually keep a little cig lighter plug airpump/light behind the seat also.

Shift linkage

Well yesterday I needed to go half way across the state to our new place ( we are moving) and as you know it stuff happenes. It was a nice warm day so i decided to ride the harley, 2006 ultra classic. About 1 hour 45 min into the trip i felt something tapping on my toe of my left boot. Turns out the shift linkage seperated at the ball joint. So knowing the next dealer is 40 min down the road i went as long as i could put ended up stuck at a light. The good part is there was a boat dealer there so i limped it into the lot stuck in 5th gear. Harley is nice enough to put a "tool kit" in there touring bikes.
So it will be a small kit in each car and truck i have as when i asked the guy at the boat dealer he said sorry we cant help you, we dont loan tools or work on anything but boats and turned and walked away!

THE BASIC STUFF VISE GRIP PLYERS SCREW DRIVERS TAPE WIRE TIES.

500 miles in one day got home at 10pm it was 38* out but a fun trip!!!:D

52 fordman

Can't believe that Boat guy....

So it will be a small kit in each car and truck i have as when i asked the guy at the boat dealer he said sorry we cant help you, we dont loan tools or work on anything but boats and turned and walked away!

Man what an a$$ ...not the first time I've heard that story....what a shame....glad you could get it fixed up....38 degrees....how "warm" was it when you left??? You must have all that fancy-schmancy stuff like hand warmers and all that???? At 38 degrees i start looking for a nice cozy fire....lol

1 leatherman and 1 cell phone. If I can't fix it with the all in one pliers then i call a friend to drag it home. [cl

Well just some good leathers and a few exrta clothes. If I can I ride all year around. All weather. It was in the mid 40s when i started went to 55 and dropped off. Not bad for december in North carolina. This bike has been all over. not as many miles as other i had but for 3 years i put 38,547 miles on it.

52 fordman

Latest posts

Back