Pipe bender stand

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tude

First off I HATE 8.8 CROWN VIC AXLES!!!! So I built this when we swapped one out of a car for a 9 inch....

122.jpg

I bolted an axle to a rim, then slid the spider gears over the axle, welded them to square tube, bolted the square to the bender.... Makes it easy to move or swap with whatever else I end up making to fit in the future..

124.jpg

How Big/heavy of tube do you bend with it?

Oops misread that. Thickest I have done was 1/8 thick chromoly ( I think there is a piece in one of the pictures. It just don't make very tight bends and exhaust pipe it kinks it if I recall.

That looks good. From what I understand, those benders aren't too bad. You are right about exhaust thickness tubing, none of them bend it well, regardless of the type. But the pro shops that do stainless exhaust must have something as I have seen some smooth bends in some of those, but I bet they are huge money.

Don

i have a different type of bender, it is not close ratio either but you can fill the tubing with sand and it won't kink. i built a stand for mine but i haven't used it in awhile. i think i have some pics somewhere, and i'll post them later.

The muffler shops around here have fancy electric hydronic benders.... I got to mess around with one a couple years ago, it was pretty cool.... They would Probibly let me use it again since we're pretty much regulars.

As far as sand, I heard of using it but never had any handy.... Now that I have a three year old.... I don't think she'll miss any out of her sandbox....hmmmm

i used a cork and a lot of duct tape. i have seen people use wet sand too, but i like it dry.

Something like this would work, it can take a little but of pressure as well. Used to use them at my old work to temporally plug water lines, all the way down to 1".

63294941307586554.jpg

Latest posts

Back