Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Businesses, Vendors etc!

Businesses, Vendors etc! A section for business & kool kats to tout their shops, services & products! Whatcha got!?

Old 02-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thanks guys. I'm doing way better today then I have in the past few days. I have a nerve or something messed up in my back that is causing numbness on my left side. The doc thinks it's just from swelling and wants to give it a few days.

When I saw that the guy was going to pull out in front of me I slammed on the brakes and on impact I braced/pushed hard enough to bend the brake pedal. I'm sure that's when I jacked up my back.

The one thorough estimate that I had done on the truck was close to $10,000 in damages. And that's if the frame isn't bent anywhere. . The insurance company is sending out a person tomorrow to look the truck over. So I'll know more then.

Thanks again guys.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Brother Rat

Well, that sucks. Word of advise - if the doctor gave you any stupid little stretches or exercises, do them. Stay mobile too, unless doc says otherwise. Sitting on your butt all day will probably make it worse.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:05 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Damn Eric
I agree with Sam do any thing the Doc says.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Ya, I've been following the docs orders, trying to stay mobile and keep my mind busy. Been a rough few months for various reasons.

The guy that I hit never looked or stopped as he was leaving a mcds drive through. But in his statement he said that I side swiped him after he exited. But... Thank god for surrounding business having surveillance cameras. After getting a rental car I was able to go to seven nearby business and get footage from three of them that show that I never changed lanes and that I hit him in the side as he was exiting. Unfortunately none of the footage shows the actual wreck but it shows my truck up to about 20' before impact.

The inspector for the insurance company came today and his estimate for the repairs are at $9200. They gave me the go ahead to fix the truck at what ever shop I choose to, so as soon as I gather up some help to unload my tools and some help to get it to the shop the repairs will begin. As of now I'm going to a local dodge dealer since they gave the quickest repair time of a estimated ten days.

Sorry if that is all jibberish, these meds make it hard to process a thought at times.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:55 AM
The Rat Captain

Thumbs up

All good news and we speak jibberish, just fine.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Great to hear, Eric. Keep us updated!

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Actually, I read through it just fine
That's one instance where the cameras are a good thing
Old 02-25-2016, 07:03 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Took the truck to the body shop today. They said the passenger frame rail is pushed back and inward. I'm not sure how bad yet but I do know that I don't really want the truck for over the road anymore.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21willys View Post
Took the truck to the body shop today. They said the passenger frame rail is pushed back and inward. I'm not sure how bad yet but I do know that I don't really want the truck for over the road anymore.
What the heck???
Why didn't they find this to start with and the insurance company would have totaled it right away.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

The way I understand it is that because my truck was in such good shape it is worth way more then the average 04 cummins. They will pay up to X percentage of the trucks value to repair it, and since it's worth more they will pay more to fix it.