Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 09-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

love the wimbeldon white, such a classy color.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:19 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
love the wimbeldon white, such a classy color.
Thank you, I really like it too. My son has the firewall on his rpu painted this color and it looks great on his car, so I decided to steal his idea.

Today was wiring day and I got a ton done. The dash is 100% finished and I hooked up a battery and tested the dash light circuit and also the power to the gauges. Everything works.

I could only do part of the underdash switch panel because the rest will have to be done once the car body is back on the frame and I can feed all the wires from the chassis into the body and get those wires hooked up.

I also started on the fuse box panel, got as much done as I can do without the body being installed and all the wires run. Two of the relays are hot all the time (high and low beam) and the other two are keyed hot (Fan and fuel pump) But this is a major step in getting the car done. Now we just have to concentrate on the bodywork.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08125.jpg (107.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08131.jpg (110.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08130.jpg (107.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08129.jpg (100.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 09-30-2019, 10:45 PM
The Rat Captain

Talking Very neat!

Even if no one will ever see it but you
There loss
Old 10-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thank you. One thing it does is it makes troubleshooting an electrical problem a lot easier down the road. This one will be so much better than my 27 because I will be able to unscrew and unplug the dash in about a couple of minutes. I have to lay upside down under the dash on the 27 with a flashlight on my head to see anything up under there...…..not fun.

Dan has a Deutsche connector kit and he is going to show me how to put those on this week. I already have the one plug installed, but need to add a two wire and a four wire connector so I can unplug those to pull the dash off completely.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:08 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrods View Post
Thank you. One thing it does is it makes troubleshooting an electrical problem a lot easier down the road. This one will be so much better than my 27 because I will be able to unscrew and unplug the dash in about a couple of minutes. I have to lay upside down under the dash on the 27 with a flashlight on my head to see anything up under there...Ö..not fun.

Dan has a Deutsche connector kit and he is going to show me how to put those on this week. I already have the one plug installed, but need to add a two wire and a four wire connector so I can unplug those to pull the dash off completely.
That fuse panel looks great so far. Can I ask where a guy finds a fuse panel/junction box like that? I believe you said you use marine stuff? Does it have a brand name?

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

when you work like that, there wont be any electrical problems to troubleshoot.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05snopro440 View Post
That fuse panel looks great so far. Can I ask where a guy finds a fuse panel/junction box like that? I believe you said you use marine stuff? Does it have a brand name?
Thanks. This particular panel is made by Blue Sea Systems, and you get them at marine stores. They make other versions too, and Blue Sea is really great quality, and made for the wet marine environment, so it holds up well. Here is the one I bought:

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/blue-...4?recordNum=12

Not cheap, but easy to wire up, and you do not have to use the boat type labels they give you with the block. It was perfect for my car, but one with more accessories, like AC, heater, etc might need more fuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
when you work like that, there wont be any electrical problems to troubleshoot.
Thanks. This is my favorite part of the build, wiring. No burning, cutting, or hurting yourself, like all the other stuff we do on these darned cars.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Older and more rusted every day!

Quote:
Yep, it is like when you start making those $20 purchases instead of the $500 purchases, you know you are getting close to the end.
That's a fact... just had to buy $5 of fasteners... felt good & my wallet appreciated it!

BoB

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 10-06-2019, 02:45 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
That's a fact... just had to buy $5 of fasteners... felt good & my wallet appreciated it!

BoB
Yep, I notice I have money left so I can actually eat food these days !

I had to work Friday and Saturday this week, so I couldn't get to the shop, but Dan did go and he got a lot done on the body. There were a lot of spots left to finish welding up, and he put a bright light underneath the body and the light shined through some little pin holes and bigger holes that were never completely sealed up. So, he got all of those welded and finished.

I think I am to the point where I can clean the bare metal again and then prep it for the first coats of primer. Dan thinks there is still more to do, but he always does, and I want to get this thing done before I am too old to drive !
Old 10-07-2019, 06:36 PM
The Rat Captain

Thumbs up I'm with you!

Quote:
Yep, I notice I have money left so I can actually eat food these days !

I want to get this thing done before I am too old to drive !
!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thumbs Up Shades.jpg (50.1 KB, 3 views)