Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Undead Sleds... makin' old tin Undead every day! > Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk

Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk General discussion of car type stuff!

Old 10-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Default Two things..........

I spoke to Bill today (Gastrick) and he sounds great and is really doing well. So happy to see him beating his health issues.

Second subject, we have decided not to take any of our cars to Daytona for the Turkey Run this year, but will go together and just shop at the swap meet.

The reason is, there are no more night activities at BelleAire Plaza, and that was half of the reason we went to this show for over 30 years. It is not the decision of the Daytona Street Rods, but the decision of the City.

Going to BelleAire was all there was to do in Daytona at night, and the new spot they moved to is horrible. Very sterile and boring, and too spread out.

So, we will go, but hit the swap meet all day and then go to dinner at night and wrap it up. Hate to see this, BelleAire was a fixture of this event for everyone.

Sadly, I think a few rotten apples ruined it for everyone. Too much trash and too many rowdy people.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Hate to hear that Don. All it takes is a few A Holes to ruin anything.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

That's pretty much how all the good things go by the wayside.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Yeah, the problem is, without being able to cruise over to BelleAire and hang out at night, there is almost nothing to do in Daytona. Everything is so scattered apart that at night you can't find any other cars to hang with.

They tried to come up with a solution at that one mall, but it is huge and cars are almost impossible to get in there, unless you show up really early. Not having BelleAire has sort of ruined it for us, and I bet a lot of others too.

So, we will go out to dinner, relax, then head back to the hotel and get an early start at the swap meet the next day, I guess.

BTW, do any of you Florida guys know when and where Billetproof will be held this year? It is generally in the Spring, Feb, March kinda, and I hope to have my rpu done by then.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Rebel Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrods View Post
Yeah, the problem is, without being able to cruise over to BelleAire and hang out at night, there is almost nothing to do in Daytona. Everything is so scattered apart that at night you can't find any other cars to hang with.

They tried to come up with a solution at that one mall, but it is huge and cars are almost impossible to get in there, unless you show up really early. Not having BelleAire has sort of ruined it for us, and I bet a lot of others too.

So, we will go out to dinner, relax, then head back to the hotel and get an early start at the swap meet the next day, I guess.

BTW, do any of you Florida guys know when and where Billetproof will be held this year? It is generally in the Spring, Feb, March kinda, and I hope to have my rpu done by then.
For 2020 their facebook (Billetproof) page says 7 March, but it also says it is yet to be determined
Unfortunately there are a lot of scumbags around Daytona, and they multiply during events in that town.
As for Daytona, you're right, there is absolutely nothing to do there at night. You could come to the Orlando Speedway and watch some local drag racing with me
Step 3 - Do what you need to do to make yourself happy
Old 10-10-2019, 07:23 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Saw a face book post that said to be announced but they had March 7 marked.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:23 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Sorry Mav...was posting at the same time!
Old 10-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Glad to hear Bill's doing well.

Sorry to hear your favorite show isn't.

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan
Old 10-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

That March 7th date is about when they have it generally, but it looks like they are still unsure.

DR. C, yep, it was so good to talk to Bill and see how upbeat he is. He just bought a new Mustang and has his Dad's Willys being put on a Morrison frame, then he is going to take over and finish it.

I don't know what he is made of, but he is about the toughest guy I know. Most of us would have folded, including me, if I had the prognosis he got that he was never going to walk again. The funny part is, he has never lost his upbeat attitude or sense of humor, regardless of how bad things got for him.

One of his Doctors asked him to go see another patient who was told she would never walk again so he could try to show her you can beat things if you really try. He did that, and I hope she does the same thing he did and fools them all.

To say I admire him is an understatement.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:18 AM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

Thanks for sharing this Don. Depressing to hear about losing the BelleAire scene.