What body is this

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbotsonis

I'm new to the site and I hope this is the correct place to post this. I bought this front half of a car not to long ago. It was part of a "package deal" and came with some other stuff I bought. Can anybody tell me what they think the cowl is off of? If you guys can tell me what it's worth as well that would be awesome.

I'm sorry, but I can't find a way to attach the files. Here is a link to the pics

http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/pbotsonis/library/Rat Rod

Thanks
Peter

on the drivers side (left) right behind the front cab bolt there will be the identification number if its a model A frame . its on the top of the rail . if you can get to that spot .. I dont know what words to put in to find measurements of the cabs and axles . havnt had no luck with that . but there are some on this site that can find it in about 2 seconds .. my words just havnt pulled any imfo on that up ??? IDK I do know wooden spokes went out in about 27 .. then wire wheels in 28 ,, I think thats on fords anyway .

Doesn't look like a ford cowl to me. The Model T's had a cowl vent and the A's had a gas tank instead. Do you have any side shots of the cowl, to see the body lines?

Last edited:
No title... Everything shown in the pictures. I believe the grill and headlights are from a 37 Chevy. The steering wheel is pretty cool as well. Someone did a good job keeping a chain round.

I'll probably end up scrapping the frame (I think it's trash anyway since it's cut and probably homemade) and part it out. I just hate to see it go to waste because it looks really cool... Wish I had a big enough shop to wire up the headlights and mount it on the wall...

Latest posts

Back