Garage find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

It's amazing what is still hiding right under our noses. This 51 Shoe box was in a garage on one of the main streets in town. It came up on Facebook and no one wanted it so I had to buy it to flip.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of 1951 Ford 005.jpg
    Resize of 1951 Ford 005.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Resize of 1951 Ford 006.jpg
    Resize of 1951 Ford 006.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Resize of 1951 Ford 007.jpg
    Resize of 1951 Ford 007.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Resize of 1951 Ford 008.jpg
    Resize of 1951 Ford 008.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Resize of 1951 Ford 009.jpg
    Resize of 1951 Ford 009.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 53
It's amazing what is still hiding right under our noses. This 51 Shoe box was in a garage on one of the main streets in town. It came up on Facebook and no one wanted it so I had to buy it to flip.

That is hard to believe... I would have been all over that car! Lucky you!!! :eek:[dr[ddd

BoB

Like you say, it is amazing
There's barns all over here that store some cool and unique stuff, most of the people are still not willing to part with it.

It's my belief there is more "barn finds" in cities and towns than in the country. Projects that were never finished. Cars that were built, driven, parked and forgotten. And so on.

BTW Glen, I saw a video on You Tube of a shoebox that looks identical to yours.:D

"Had to buy it" [cl[cl
I applaud your sense of duty to save this one from the scrapper - or are you just trying to rationalize adding to your collection?? :D
No matter, good on you for scooping it up. :)

That is hard to believe... I would have been all over that car! Lucky you!!! :eek:[dr[ddd

BoB

I had to save it from the crusher, that was the next step.

Like you say, it is amazing
There's barns all over here that store some cool and unique stuff, most of the people are still not willing to part with it.

I agree, so many barns I would like to look in.

It's my belief there is more "barn finds" in cities and towns than in the country. Projects that were never finished. Cars that were built, driven, parked and forgotten. And so on.

BTW Glen, I saw a video on You Tube of a shoebox that looks identical to yours.:D

I agree. Yes my video

That looks sweet!

Did you have a Prefect on Kijiji a little while ago too? I was tempted by it. There's still some good stuff in SK, I guess 😁

I did, I lost my shirt on them.😥

"Had to buy it" [cl[cl
I applaud your sense of duty to save this one from the scrapper - or are you just trying to rationalize adding to your collection?? :D
No matter, good on you for scooping it up. :)

Thanks ZZ there are so few car people here, just not enough to find any interest. These are how I pay for my projects.

The 51 is one of my favorites, and great that you saved it. Many of my flips were headed for the yard when I saved them.

I would do the three S: Start, Stop and Steer and sell to the next level guy.

A neighbor up the street bought a 1956 Ford 2 door hard top, brand new The red and black two tone, and parked it in the garage, rarely took it out. The last I heard was in 1992, when a neighbor friend of my moms visited, the car was still there, son had inherited the house and car.

Last edited:
There's something very appealing about the '51's compared to '49 and '50. I like the dashboard especially.

I always thought those needed a one piece rear side glass. They kinda look like a four door with the rear door welded up. I Prefer the business coupes better with their shorter rear side windows and top moved up a bit.

Bama, I agree with you on the too-big back quarter window. There is a solution to this uglyness. Chop the top, four inches in the front and five and a half in the back and throw away the little window divider. COOL. I'm sure Dozer has this in his plans.

Great find [cl and good save:[cl

I only had pieces [S had to do something :D

Attachments

• E333EF93-6C03-4A1E-9045-DE2AAC35895B.jpg
    E333EF93-6C03-4A1E-9045-DE2AAC35895B.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 16
I did, I lost my shirt on them.😥

That's too bad. When I was a teenager my dad had a Prefect project car. It had an IFS and a newer rear axle, but the frame needed tons of work (full redo) and neither suspension was the right width. He was going to build it but eventually passed it down the line. I like them, but if I was going to go through the effort of building one of those english Fords, it would have to be an Anglia. :D

Latest posts

Back