I am so tempted

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

This 51 Plymouth 2 door showed up at our downtown meet, the man just put the for sale sign on it. I checked it out, drove it, odometer says 18000 miles, but I will be damned if it hadn't just turned over once.

He drove it from Clermont, Florida, about an hour ride, and this is the second time he brought it, now for sale. This thing is solid with no rust, the doors shut like a vault, the steering had no play at all. The window regulators show no wear.

Flat head 6, 3 on tree, front seat needs work and headliner starting to fall. it was a little futzy running, I think carb check, slight leak, and the timing may be retarded, or vac advance needs replaced. It was painted red, but the original color is a denim blue.

He is asking 6000, but will take 5000...... It may show up on craigslist this week.

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 35
Good looking potato car. Call it that because it came from the era where most cars had the styling of a lumpy potato.:D Not as highly desired as the Fords and Chevys, but decent cars that are usually priced well. That flathead six is pretty much bullet proof, even if it's not fast.

I saw one a few years back that had a 340 and 727 Torqflite in it, it fit pretty well. Had a set of the gray torque thrusts on it. Made a nice ride.

At that price, I don't see you going wrong unless there is a bunch of rust hiding in it.

If that 'possible' extra 100,000 miles is actually on the car, it would show up on the wear of the pedals and the sloppiness of the gearshift linkage.
When you get it home, give it a tune up and away you go.

You know, as a kid I hated these...what..potato cars. But now, a lot more rare, especially in this condition.

Everything on this car speaks low miles. My buddies were insisting that it should not be passed by, and I agree. But until things in this current environment improve I want to be careful and hold the cash.

"Remember you can live in your car but can't drive your house."
That said for 5K it would be in my driveway. As long as my Wife said I could.😕 Jim

Latest posts

Back