where to find metal pipe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodyman101

hey guys, i have an idea for a different stand, i need to find pipe that fit close inside one another with little gap, iv been to atwoods and all that and the size variations are to far apart, where would be a good place to look?

I would say for the quick-n-easy go to your local metal supply yard and they can hook you up.Another nice thing about going to a yard is that you will save major $$ over what atwoods or another similar place will charge you.

You probably won't find any pipe that fit snug one inside the other. It is just not designed that way. Pipe is measured on the inside.

Now tubing is different. Tubing is measured on the outside with a specific wall thickness. Example a pc of 1" tube with a 1/8" wall will have an inside of about 3/4" A pc of 3/4" will slip inside. Tube comes in a wide verity of sizes and wall thicknesses.

What size are you looking for? I have some drops of stuff and I also have a book with all the sizes available.

Latest posts

Back