Gonna buy a O/A kit, any suggestions?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
Every once in awhile I come across a job a torch would be real handy. Putting heat to a bolt, etc. Right now it's replacing a ring gear. I'd also want to try my hand at brazing, hammer welding, etc.

Is Victor pretty much the standard still? Anything I should look for? Should I just go with the HF stuff - I've heard it's actually Victor?

Gonna go new, used stuff like this doesn't come up around here except at farm auctions and then there are a lot of people on it anyhow.

Looking at Cyberweld:
http://store.cyberweld.com/viwecuou.html

Any ideas?

I have a Victor Firepower setup, think it is pretty close to that 250. It was given to me knew on a bet kind of deal. I sprung for a 30ft multi-fuel hose and bought my tanks. Glad I didn't go small on the tanks too. I mainly use mine just to heat stuff and cut a lot of metal, never did much else with them.

I've had my set for years and years, pretty sure it is a Victor. Only had to replace one regulator in all that time. I started out with smaller tanks and eventually moved up to the biggest ones, sure makes it more convenient, not having to run for refills all the time.

My Sons thought OA was old school with no current uses, but I have shown them how much heating, bending, and other things you can only do with a torch. Every time I get some frozen fastener I break out the torches and in a few minutes it comes right apart.

Don

Latest posts

Back