Can someone CNC cut plate for me with a sketchup file?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

I've laid out a template for a couple brackets I need, and there are a ton of radius's in it that I can't possibly cut out with the tools at hand.
I've heard that some people can convert a sketchup file to CAD for their CNC machines to cut.
Does anyone have that ability?
Of course, I'd be willing to pay.

Also open to other suggestions as well :D

photo-19.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo-21.jpg

This is a cage I'm building to house a rear end on a trike, so the details in the measurements to make everything square are key.

Yes we can do that. Can you scan that and email it to me? Or if you have it saved as a file send that to me. [email protected]

Awesome!
I knew there would be someone out there!

I'll write up a couple other measurements on it tonight and see if I can scan it.
I'll also try to draw it up on sketchup with accurate measurements.
THANKS!! [cl

Holy Crap is that the long lost Trike project?!?![cl[cl:D

Can't be THAT long lost if you still remember it :D
Yeah, it's the trike project. It was making me sad sitting in the back yard in pieces. So I had to bring it it.
I was seriously struggling with the easiest part, how to fasten the rear axle to the frame and make it adjustable.
Couple hours of messing around with it and came up with this.

The biggest thing that stopped it all up was I had bent some tubing to 'match' the under side of the sportster seat I'm going to use. Only, it didn't really match. There was a single tube down the center, and another tube on each side.
Well each tube on the sides isn't match the other.......... And symmetry is my pet peeve. So it sat.

Figured I'd work on another part of the frame to regain motivation :D

Last edited:
Do you think this will work. I could not get a measurement off the drawing for the bolt circle. This what seemed to fit.
josh_zps1df779a1.jpg

$30.00 will put 2 of them in your mail box.

Draft Prints

Im proficient in AUTOCAD, technically trained, PM me if anybody needs scratch transcribed to industry grade prints. I can also get you the CAD file to load up in CnC.

Well, I put out the request late Friday night.
Sunday, RPM called me to discuss the details. He dropped them in the mail and were on my doorstep this afternoon!!!![cl[cl
I gotta say, Ron is an outstanding guy and would HIGHLY recommend him for anything you guys might need!
RPM, I REALLY appreciate you knocking these out for me, especially with the work load you have! You could have easily put me at the end of your list and got to me when you got to me, but you didn't.
Your customers must always have praise for you, I can't see why they wouldn't!
THANK YOU!!!!

photo-23.jpg

Latest posts

Back