Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone!
Finished piecing in the cat walk and also started to connect the dots.[;) [;) [;)
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 32
Looks real good.

Out of curiosity, what do you plan to use to grind/sand the internal corner under the window once the welding is finished?
I always have trouble getting internal welded seams to look right...

The joint between the window frame (white paint) and infill strip (new steel) in this pic:

attachment.php

wendle.
These are the 2 tools that I use for the little detail type of grinding that you are talking about.
The first one is an air powered angle tool that has a small cut off wheel on it. The cutoff wheel will grind as well and can give you a very fine line. I use the wheels made for stainless steel as they work better and last longer. Just be careful as they will cut thru.
The 2nd tool is a very small angle grinder. The wheels are about an inch and a half in diameter. Very good for small area as well.
I am not a metal master by any means but I get things as close as possible then use as little filler as possible.
I may weld that seam from underneath as well. For extra strength and also to be able to grind away as much of the outer weld (Shown in the pic)as possible.
Hope this helped.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 34
Nice work "T". That's a lot of welding! No issues with your pacer I presume?

Seems to be fine Bill.
My biggest problem is with this toothache. I need to call the denitist in the morning to see if they heard back from my cardiologist about when I can get it pulled.
I’m not big on taking pain pills but if I have to wait to get it pulled I might have to.
Torchie

Pferd POLIFAN®-CURVE

These are the absolute bomb for grinding and the hard to get to places. They cut two to three times faster and last ten times as long as any other flap wheel I've ever used.
The sanding surface wraps all the way around the disc. This allows you to grind a weld that is on an inside corner easily.

http://www.pferdusa.com/products/206h/206h30/206h300102P.html

1493448.jpg

PFR.jpg

Last edited:
thats it, not cheap but they work great.
Also , if you are looking for grinding tools that last, check 3M Cubitron. It eats steel like you wont believe and the material stays way way cooler than any other grinding tool. Discs and belts too.

Cool, thanks guys. I'll be very interested in seeing the finished shot of that seam when the time comes...

Cheers...

Cool, thanks guys. I'll be very interested in seeing the finished shot of that seam when the time comes...

Cheers...

Me too.....[ddd
Off to see the cardiologist in the morning. They are taking about raising my RPM's to give me more energy.
The spirit has been willing but the flesh has been weak the past couple of days.
I want to get the roof welded solid ( I'm not worried about grinding at this point) before I move onto the sectioning.
I'm also picking up a cheater lens for my welding helmet as the bi-focals just ain't cutting it.:eek:[;) [;)
Torchie

They raised the rpm's on my idle on Thursday.[ddd
I can't say that it really makes me feel any better.
but we will see.
I was supposed to have some help today taking the front sheet metal and doors off the Dodge ahead of sectioning it, but they were a no show so I started on it my self.
It's getting cramped in the shop with the Dodge parts as well as the CC project.:eek:
The sand bags will go in to the wife's car and the Dodge will stay in the shop for as long as It can, but given the recent snowfall I may have to stash it outside under a trap so I can pull my car back in.
I can't afford to take a fall in the driveway trying to get into my car plus I don't want to have to run outside to move it every time my plow guy shows up.
We will see what happens as the Famers Almanac claims the we are going to have a Mild winter this year.:eek:
Finding a place to section that firewall could prove interesting.[S
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 38
More of the boring stuff.[;) [;) [;)
A bit wobbly like me today. Good thing I'm a great grinder.:eek: [ddd [dr
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 33
Got a bit more done today.
Pulled the doors off. I've got to do some thinking as to how I'm going to have room to do this.[S :eek:
I guess I can figure that out while I'm cleaning out the car.:D
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 26