'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly with age comes wisdom but in my case I make more mistakes.

Still having fun, I think. Don't know what else I'd be doing though.

May be time for new glasses? Not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I know when my eyes and bifocals no longer gee and haw like they’re supposed to, I miss stuff because I don’t see as well as I should. My wife says I’m blind as a bat without mine, and she’s right, it’s when I get to that point with them on ( like right now) I have to go get new ones.:D

Since the cataract surgery my vision is good. It's what is in the brainpan that is failing me. Anywho, another new head gasket is in place and it is all back together, including fluids. Speaking of fluids, I see a small leak in a brake fitting. Just fixed one in the Bantam. Frankly, I'm reluctant to start it and drive it. Maybe I'll keep it as rusty eye candy.

Well Bob you are going through some tuff build times, but your right building hot rods is what you do. Has been for years and will be for many more. Just like my motor building it's a lot harder on my brain than it was 40 years ago. When you get the two projects running and they are just sitting in the shop for awhile you will fire one up & make that cruise to the morning get together with your buddies. ;);):cool: at the coast

And the answer is: It is puking oil around the filter. I determined the block is a '67 427 which came equipped with a canister oil filter. The engine has an oem spin on filter fitting on it so I put a spin on filter on. No go. I happen to have a canister assembly from an old 283 in my stack of stuff. Might use that or get a canister to spin on adapter.

I actually drove the thing around a bit. [clGot up to maybe 30 mph. It rode nice but didn't shift right. The torqflite has a tv cable, (system of rods and bell cranks on a stocker) which I'll have to try adjusting. Only one small brake fluid leak, so that's a win.

Once again, I built the thing without enough interior room. Looking at options, although there aren't many.:eek:

I actually drove the thing around a bit. [clGot up to maybe 30 mph. It rode nice but didn't shift right. The torqflite has a tv cable, (system of rods and bell cranks on a stocker) which I'll have to try adjusting. Only one small brake fluid leak, so that's a win.

Once again, I built the thing without enough interior room. Looking at options, although there aren't many.:eek:
Yea, for the driving part!!!

Bummer about the fit part. I'm facing the same issue with my 39. Thought I could make it fit, but when all was said and done, it didn't. I knew what to do back when I started it, but I talked myself out of it. When I build the next one, it will have enough room. Hindsight is 20/20. :D

People were just smaller back in the day Bob. It's bad news tho when your ride isn't comfortable to drive. Good luck with that small? [S:eek:[S issue.

Once again, I built the thing without enough interior room. Looking at options, although there aren't many.:eek:[/QUOTE]

You too? These old cars were built for smaller people to begin with. Next to come back in the garage is the 4dr shoebox, however I believe this one will still have adequate room even after i corrupt it's original design. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back