The Z.Z.Rat Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.Z.Rat

We had the chance last weekend to go pick up our 39'ford. We traveled around 300 miles to just south of Rockford Ill.. The first pictures are from the fella that we bought the truck from at his place. The later pics are from our place when we rolled back home to Indiana.

As you can see from the doors the truck has "Coca-Cola" logo still there. It was used in a fleet of trucks to deliver Coke in the Sterling Colorado area back in the day. I found the "No. 4" painted on the side of the truck just in front of the doors. It will take a little work of light sanding to bring out the "No.4" but it will sure add to the character of the truck.

The cat in a couple of pics seemed like he was going to miss his hangout place!LOL

When we got home everyone had to inspect it. Got the thumbs up!!! from the wife & daughters!

The daughter is helping me out & teaching how to do the picture thing on here. not sure at this point what order they will be in.

Recently picked up an "old school" stainless steel beer keg for our gas tank. I liked the logo on it.This project may set some kind of record for duration on the RRR!!
Finding time to work on it sometimes is tuff.

Well that's about it for now. As progress is made we'll try to keep the pics coming. Really looking forward to the project.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

How cool is that? Don't often see that color in old trucks. I love the beat up front fenders...hopefully you'll leave it like that!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Believe it or not I think it looks better in person. It's going to be fun to start to take apart.

Rev, Actually the plans are to use a Boss 429 for the ponies. Evan thinking of putting a shaker on the 9er' & cutting the hood so it looks just like the Mustangs.

Big Irish, Yeah I know those fenders grow on ya'. Right now thinking of a new frame with open wheels.

Thanks again. I sure will need you guys expertise along the way!

very cool i also am a lil partial to these trucks, they look so fricken cool, 429...YES thats what im talkin bout, i wanna see it sticken out all over from under that hood

Latest posts

Back