How do I shorten the rear end of 02 Blazer frame w/ leaf springs in the way?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanksbe2

How do I shorten the rear end of 02 Blazer frame w/ leaf springs in the way? I'd like to have a tucked rear end look to my build by lopping off the rear part of the frame to about the rear of the wheels as shown in the picture. Please see the attached picture.

Unfortunately the leaf springs stick out a foot or so past that. Is there a shorter leaf spring with more arch that can be used to avoid moving the rear end? Has anyone fabbed up something like this? Any suggestions welcome. I'm trying to avoid buying a 4 link setup.

I've seen some trailer springs that were quite a bit shorter and thought that might work if I weld some tubing coming down from the rear of the frame to serve as an attachment point.

I'm new to this stuff so assume I don't know the obvious stuff a seasoned custom builder would know.

Thanks!

Attachments

• chassis.jpg
    chassis.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 31
Wouldn`t it be possible to use a panard bar coil springs(I like the ones out of the ford aroestar van) then just cut the springs off behind the axle?[P

Wouldn`t it be possible to use a panard bar coil springs(I like the ones out of the ford aroestar van) then just cut the springs off behind the axle?[P

Yep he could use a 4-link style suspension with either coilovers, air bags, or springs.

Shorter leaf springs aren't a good solution, you will have to take out the leafs and change the entire suspension in order to do this.

Latest posts

Back