Holley 94 Blues

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercuryMac

Builder Junky!
A while ago I made a three deuce set up for a flathead motor. Now I'm ready to install it. Coincidently, I'm making three deuces for a Y-block at the moment. I was cleaning out the primary carb vacuum advance system for the Y-block set when it occurred to me that some of the Holley 94's didn't even have a vacuum port, hmmmm. My flathead set up has no provision for vacuum advance, as I had used three carbs off of 59A motors and they don't have vacuum advance on their distributors. All of the used carburetors in my stash that were left over are for 8BA flatheads so they all have the appropriate ports in them. I, now have to rebuild a carb off of an 8BA for a primary on my flathead intake.
So, Guys, watch out for this little bit of trickery when you make your three deuce systems.
I invite your opinions.

Attachments

• three deuces valve covers.jpg
    three deuces valve covers.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 32
So, I was making another carburetor for my primary on the flathead intake and ran into some more trickery. The reason that I used up all of my pre-'49 carbs was that they had provisions for a manual throttle, which means they had a longer throttle shaft that stuck out the other side of the carb from the gas pedal attachment side. I need the extra shaft length so I can add my linkage to open the secondary's. The Holley that I grabbed to make this new primary didn't have the long shaft. I was half way through the rebuild before I figured this problem out.
Now I have a primary carb with a vacuum port and an extended throttle shaft so I can hook up the 'three deuce opening linkage'.

I hate this 'learning something new everyday crap'.

I have been doing some hotroddy things lately, honest. Here is a set of three deuce intakes that are almost ready to go. The skinny one is for a flathead and has Holley 94's on it, the middle fatter intake is for a Y-block Ford and has 94's also, and the red intake is for a Poly 318 and has Stromberg WW's on it. Most people have seen the EE Strombergs in a multicarb set-up but the WW's are usually on those old wide block 318's, so I used them.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back