Shake down

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I had the 59 F250 4x4 out and about all morning, runs and stops great, no issues. Drives wonderful, I haven't enjoyed an old car this much in a long time. Personally, I think the guys that think these old trucks need modern underpinnings are just missing the fun altogether.
BUT, oh those 4.56s. It is slow, but a keeper. You don't hear me say that very often.

"It's slow, but a keeper"

It's a REAL truck, not a fancied up sedan with a bed! [cl Made to work!
I bet that sucka could pull a heck of a load while hauling one, too!

not as slow as the 58 f300 i bought with a 261 six and 687 gears 35 mph top speed

I agree with missing the fun when modernised. When I see youngsters flying by in a new car which provides the feeling of total stability an safety, I think they should drive a pre `60 car for some time first... If nothing else, the old crap makes you think twice before doing something stupid ;)
cool truck man!

Brings back memories. During my high school years, I used to date a girl whose father ran a team of bricklayers. He would work me on summer vacations and would come by the house in the mornings in his '59 to pick me up.

Somehow these looked so good when they came out in '57. Especially the long beds. Model kits got skirts and stacks and tonneau covers and lowered in the back. :rolleyes: Anybody know where the term "pickup truck" came from? I googled it and it goes that Ford was the first to offer them. You bought the cab and chassis and if you wanted the pickup bed you had to order it. When it arrived at the dealer you had to pick it up.
This info has allowed me to fall asleep much quicker now.

Very nice truck [cl
And yes i agree that the old suspension worked just fine thank you. Mine did have a 371 Olds and Hydro but the rest was OEM.:D
Enjoy the drive[P

Attachments

• PU 001.jpg
    PU 001.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 6
Ok, so it's been the only thing I drive, until a couple days ago and I ran a wheel off, well not all the way but ruined the wheel, studs and nuts. I'm not sure why they weren't tight. All back together except waiting for my nephew to drop off another 90s Ford script wheel. Just running an ugly white spoke on there now.

Latest posts

Back