just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two veiws

which one is your'e dream girl?

Later:cool:

Attachments

• two kinds.jpg
    two kinds.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 56
There used to be a Vietnamese Pho Restaurant that had a big sign advertising that their soup had tripe. Not a great selling point in the midwest.

I'm sure there are honest fans to foods like the tripe, brains, and other odd foods to some, but I suspect people who were mostly scraping by chose to eat something rather than starve. But you have to also think that foods we eat regularly here will be strange somewhere else..:rolleyes: Some people will wince at anything that sounds like a body part, but boys, fix me up with some liver and onions and we can chat later...ha!

which one is your'e dream girl?

Later:cool:

The one paying for the tires.

I'm sure there are honest fans to foods like the tripe, brains, and other odd foods to some, but I suspect people who were mostly scraping by chose to eat something rather than starve. But you have to also think that foods we eat regularly here will be strange somewhere else..:rolleyes: Some people will wince at anything that sounds like a body part, but boys, fix me up with some liver and onions and we can chat later...ha!

There used to be a Vietnamese Pho Restaurant that had a big sign advertising that their soup had tripe. Not a great selling point in the midwest.

Tripe and Spam are four letter words to those who survived the Great Depression. (They'd be staunch vegetarians if anything would grow.)

Personally, I didn't mind some fried Spam as a kid, but I didn't live on the stuff or need to!

I like liver but quit eating it years ago because that's the organ that filters out all the bad stuff.
My family lived a few years when I was a tyke, on the rez. Almost all of our neighbors were Lakota. Whenever we butchered they always came and got the gut pile. They left nothing to waste and cleaned every bit of it up, stomach, intestines, kidneys and what ever else you left behind. Also when I was young, folks always saved the tongue and heart. I don't remember them being too bad, a little chewy maybe. Branding time we always saved all the calf nuts and had a big feed. Us kids would cook them on a wire over the branding fire too.

menudo is ok only when you find the good stuff, i have had more bad menudo then good. still like spam, vienna sausage and potted meat every once in awhile.

Spam?

The one paying for the tires.

Tripe and Spam are four letter words to those who survived the Great Depression. (They'd be staunch vegetarians if anything would grow.)

Personally, I didn't mind some fried Spam as a kid, but I didn't live on the stuff or need to!

Kids nowadays think that's just junk you get in your email... :) I'mmmmmm back......

Latest posts

Back