I got some splainin to do.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

Ok guys, I feel like I owe you an explanation about where the heck I've been . And, to tie up a few loose ends on a previous thread. I did a search for my old posts, and found my T bucket project. Man, what was I thinking to get rid of that car. I put so much of my time into it. I think sometimes life gets in the way , and makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. That T bucket was one of them. I got very busy at work ,and felt like I needed to just find something I could drive now. That is how I wound up with the Fairlane. Then what did I do? I wound up tearing it down , and making it my own. Took me 3 years. WoW! Anyway, I noticed a thread while I was working on the Fairlane during the tense cam break in . Everything turned out great, and what I was seeing was machinings from the machine shop. I have to admit I was a little scared to even drive it because I seriously thought I burned the cam up right before my eyes. The Fairlane has been fun to drive, and I really like the way it turned out. But, I realized 2 weeks ago that I am just not a muscle car guy. I can remember getting in my 48 F1 and watching folks stare ,and wish they were me in that truck. Once I sell the Fairlane, I am going to look for something maybe driveable, but that I can change and make it mine. I really enjoy fabricating and doing something different with my projects. So, sorry for the long time not being on here. I still see the same faces I saw 2 or 3 years ago on here. Great bunch of folks here. I have to say that my favorite project on this site right now is the Diamond T truck with the 6BT Cummins in it. See you around.

Welcome back! I've known for a long time that I'm a truck guy. 67 and only owned 3 cars...the rest were trucks and motorcycles. Guess I never really had anything spectacular to view, but for comments, the old trucks get the most attention I'd say.

Well, to be honest, I felt abandoned. It took me quite awhile to accept there was nothing I had done to push you away. And now you're back. I'm glad you are, but I'm not ready to completely forgive you. A new build thread of a 40 Ford would help me get over it though. :D

Well, to be honest, I felt abandoned. It took me quite awhile to accept there was nothing I had done to push you away. And now you're back. I'm glad you are, but I'm not ready to completely forgive you. A new build thread of a 40 Ford would help me get over it though. :D

HAHAHAHA/workinh on that right now. Only have so much room in my little shop though. Gotta find a home for big red.

Latest posts

Back