11" ford brakes?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
i have an unknown year ford 9" rear end
with 11" drums and 1.75 shoes
5 on 4.5 lug pattern

since i dont know what kind of passenger vehicle i cant just go the the napa/autozone/checker websites and buy new ones and all the other replacement parts.
does anybody have some information for me?
many thanks
bill

p.s.
i took the drum to checker
the guy couldnt help me.

You need to take it to a real parts store with an old parts man that knows how to open a book. A good book will have pics of every brake pad made.

I thought the 11" ones were only used on the heavier trucks like F250. Maybe I'm thinking the wrong years.

I have 11" brakes also on my Ford 9". What I have found out after searching for new drums was with the center hole measuring 2 7/8" came from 1977-1984. 3 1/4 center hole was used after 84. Not sure when the lug pattern changed as mine has 5 1/4x5 pattern. Also mine has 2 1/2"shoes.
Hope this helps in identifing yours.
Larry

I took the measurements for the shoe into my local napa and it took the guy about 5 minutes to round up all the right part #'s
DSC04380.jpg

'61-'64 Ford full size. Early 60's F100 but with the large bolt pattern. Also on 8" Maverick rear ends. This is all from the Google so I can't guarantee correctness. English Bob is right. A decent parts store will find what you need with dimensions.

Billy if you can if you can hold off till tomorrow after noon I can give you the part numbers off the hard ware box just redid my 9" this week still have the empty boxes might make it easier

Billy if you can if you can hold off till tomorrow after noon I can give you the part numbers off the hard ware box just redid my 9" this week still have the empty boxes might make it easier

heck yes i'll wait!
i dont get the moolah to finish this build till next friday anyhow.[dr

you guys rock!

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

27chevy357.jpg

there is no hump and the plug was added by someone.

the axle is about 52" wide

Last edited:
Here you go Billy

Carlson
#H2544
#H2545
Wagner Axle kit
#H7041
E Brake Wagner
BC101864
BC101865

only thing missing was heavy steel the clip on top stud ware the springs attach you will have to reuse old clips

EnglishBobs pics the lite blue spring on spreader bar you will have to reuse

Good luck hope this helps you out

Latest posts

Back