track width

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatch

I'm building a 41 Ford fender less truck. I'm trying to decide on how wide I want the rear track width. My rear axle is 62 inches from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface. I'm planning on running 15x6's with a 3.5" BS up front giving me a total front width of 61.25".
rear wheel and track width
15x6 3.5" BS = 67" rear total width 5.75 difference from front
15x8 3.75 BS = 69.5" rear total width 8.25 difference from front
15x10 3.75 BS = 74.5" rear total width 13.25 difference from front

wheelbase will be 120" and over all length is 162" with a target ground clearance of 5-6 inches.

Anyone have pics of something with similar set ups or even opinions on what would look better and why?

Last edited:
Let's be clear on track width.
Track width is measured from the centerline of the wheel or tire to the centerline of the tire on the opposite side.
Your track width will be the same as your axle until you put wheels on with more or less backspacing. Less wheel backspacing widens the track width, more backspacing narrows the track width.
Also backspacing (measured from the back of the rim) and offset (measured from the front of the rim) are two different things. Ya don't want to mix these up when talking to a wheel supplier.

outside dimension without stake pockets is approx 47 inches. I'm building a fenderless 41Ford also. I'm using an early Ford Ranger 7.5. 82-92?

Spoon

Latest posts

Back