60 years old and still beautiful

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbuckrats

Haven't posted in a while, thought I'd re-acquaint. This followed me home yesterday. I'ts a 57 chevy sport sedan. Still has the original 283/powerglide that runs as smooth as silk. For once , I didn't have to drag it on the trailer!! She is a very solid survivor with looks like one repaint but very original. Just gonna do a mechanical freshening. My boy (the BOSS, with good taste) said we gotta bring this one home, so I sold the Camaro, went down to my buddy's the next day and bought this car. He's had it since last October and have wanted it since. The wide whites are in great condition for once too!!! Enjoy...

Attachments

• 1sportsedan57.jpg
    1sportsedan57.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 58
  • 2sportsedan57.jpg
    2sportsedan57.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 3sportsedan3.jpg
    3sportsedan3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 47
  • new57 hardtop2 - Copy.jpg
    new57 hardtop2 - Copy.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 52
It's a good day when you don't have to work for weeks just to get one running much less getting to drive it right away [cl :cool:

Very cool!! It's nice to see a tri-5 that is in weathered original condition, get tired of the overdone resomods. About all I would do to that car is find the front fender spears, and drive, drive drive!! (plus, I can also get into a 4 door if it's a hardtop but don't tell anyone)

The BOSS has good taste. [cl

I completely agree with WB3.. find the trim and call it done. (Please don't remove the rear door handles, that's just plain queer!)

Have the front spears in the trunk. Yea, I'm gonna leave it weathered. The doors have that distinct creak when you open them, every tri-five I've had. Gotta rebuild or replace carb as the plunger is shot from sitting. I did run it up and down the road with the boy, front end feels great as do the brakes, its amazing. Thanks for all the comments!!!!

I got to enjoy a privilege
local guy here has a 57 he's kept covered on blocks since 1960.
talk about a time warp.
he keeps it clean and maintained just doesn't drive it.
All original except for removing the automatic and installing a 4 speed and a set of first run Micky Tompson forged mags just before he parked it.
he wants 60k firm out of my league.

Latest posts

Back