Another old junkyard liquidating. $350 per ton/$2 per pound.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A HUGE one did the same thing a few years back when metal was real high... sad about all the stuff that got scrapped... especially all the old Mopar stuff that had Hemis in um!

BoB

$350 a ton seems like a lot. Can they get that for scrap? It's sad to see those sources disappear but sadly, there isn't much demand for old picked over 50s and 60s 4 doors and it turns into a matter of economics for the yard to clear up the room. Or build condos.

Lots of parts, not many desirable builders. Most look to be picked over pretty good, still lots of good looking trim if somebody needed it, and lots of good suspension and rear ends. I can remember seeing a lot of those type cars on the road when I was growing up, not many left around.
With all the snow, I doubt they get a very big turnout.

won't get that around here....[S

Agree with sarge. Up in my neck of the woods you would be lucky to get $150.
Last summer when my wife beater finally gave out I went looking for a scrap yard take it. Big old heavy Mercedes with a V-8
2 yards that i dealt with in the past where closed and another one said he would give me $100 IF I could drive it there.
Finally sold it on CL for $350....:D
These old yards have been going the way of the Dodo since I was a teenager back in the 70's.
Sad, but a fact of life......
Torchie

They closed a yard in Wisconsin.. maybe 2 years back. Made last call said everything was going to the scrapper. Got some cool pieces for cheap that are on the truck now.. ANYWAY... drove past the place yesterday. They cleared all the trees and crushed all the cars. everything is just stacked in piles still sitting there 2 + years later. Anything that was usable is now squished flat...

Latest posts

Back