Pre-made roll cages

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
Does anybody have any experience with pre-fabbed roll cages. I've been looking at the ones that summit and jegs offer for the foxbodys. They seem to be pretty cheap and I've heard a couple positive reviews, but still am unsure. I don't have access to a tubing bender or I'd build my own. I want a 10 point with swing out door bar.

Thanks

Inked,
I have no idea if those are all "Certified" and whatnot. But reguardless of that, it would be well worth the money spent on the capri for the added rigidity it will give you from the get go. Plus the added safety on the street.

As far as the swingout part, I honestly have no clue.

We have a tubing bender, and still bought a Summit 10 point cage. It really doesn't pay to buy the tubing, bend it up, and hope you get it right, when you can buy one made for the car cheaper already done.

We are going to use heavier foot plates than they supply, we just overengineer stuff. But the rest looks really good, and it is SFI certified. When Don gets back working on the Capri, that is the first thing we are going to do. It's laying inside the car right now.

Don

I'm with Don on this one. Unless I want something unusual, or I need to make a cage for a car that I can't get one in a pre-bent kit for, I buy the kit. With the price of tubing and the time it takes to bend it all up, it really doesn't pay to do it yourself on something like a Fox bodied car. Especially if you make a mistake on something like the main hoop and waste a length of tubing (not that I've done that :D).

Latest posts

Back