1985 mini cooper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[cl[cl[cl[cl

thanks everyone

its still going

today I started to build some speaker pods

im still searching for another cylinder head, but at the same time, I dont have the money for one, so im looking but not really at the same time

have to wait for pay day

but for now, im can build speaker boxes and whatnot,
I have some left over mdf laying around the garage

so im going to build with what I got till I run out of mdf wood

and I want to install two 8 inch JBL subs, but I haven't figured out where to put them and how to build the boxes for them, plus I dont have the subs yet

I have a few other 8's that I plan to use as mock up when the time comes

wow... getting crowded down there.... :eek:
I always wear wooden shoes, also when driving. Mini`s are the only vehicles that caused problems... wood got stuck when hitting the brakes, between gas pedal and steering column :D:rolleyes:

wow... getting crowded down there.... :eek:
I always wear wooden shoes, also when driving. Mini`s are the only vehicles that caused problems... wood got stuck when hitting the brakes, between gas pedal and steering column :D:rolleyes:

yeha the shoe thing is always a problem, I used to daily the mini and I had to wear boots, and my feet always had a problem

its not so bad now that I put the del sol civic pedal box into the mini

the start of the amp rack

I picked up some speaker wire today and inline fuses for the bigger jbl amp

I plan to have it wired up tomorrow

I still need to buy rca cables, I plan to pick those up today or tomorrow

amp rack by joa kwin, on Flickr

if you blow another head gasket you can just bounce home! :D[cl[cl

I still need to fix that, I have the head gasket but I need to buy new head bolts

I just haven't got around to it yet
still doing body work on the car and building up the stereo stuff for it, and building the interior for it

snow in tucson by joa kwin, on Flickr

we got snow over night for the last two nights, yeah, sunny Tucson got snow!!!

Untitled by joa kwin, on Flickr

this morning I turned on a small heater in the garage and got to work

I pulled the cylinder head, Ive been looking for a new one thinking maybe a head crack but I wanted to be sure
so I pulled the head and the head gasket was loose fitting the dowel pins, it has play, able to move side to side and back and forth, so im thinking the head gasket being able to move, who knows if it was aligned
but the cylinders had a little bit of coolant in them, not a crazy amount, but I think it was just being burned off

the new gasket fits tight on the dowel pins and everything seemed to line up nice and good

so I hope this will fix the running hot problem

this head gasket had coolant in-between each layer, ie 3 layer gasket

got the head tq back down to the two step spec

tomorrow im going to pull the intake manifold again, simple job

but the bottom center stud wont take a nut, so I need to fix that

and while I got it off, im going to install a hondata thermo plastic intake manifold gasket

https://www.hondata.com/heatshield/heatshield-d16

pretty much, I have one laying around, and I dont know if this works or not but whatever, I got it so I want to try it out

I have the gasket kits to build like 3-4 of these engines laying around, so if I dont like it, I will change it out to an oem gasket
I even have a set of .5mm bigger bore piston rings laying around

oh yeah, I did check the deck of the block and head and they were good

Latest posts

Back