Insurance

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redidbull

I was wondering what you all do for insurance. Do places like Haggerty and other classic car insurance insure Rat Rods? Most want a minimum value and pictures before they will insure you. Thanks for any info. Jim

Haggerty's probably will but...... They frown upon them being driven everyday.
I had State Farm for my last "Vintage" vehicle. I used to use AAA like Soltz and also never had a problem.
Does your location require inspections? If so and you pass the inspection it shouldn't be a problem I would think.
Let us know what happens...
Torchie

Most specialty insurance requires an appraisal or at the very least photos. You get cheap insurance and then you know it's insured for what it's valued at, well worth it.

I tried to get insurance through one of the big ones for my 87 Suzuki Samurai a while back.. All was good til they saw pics of the winch and offroad lights that were on it when we used to wheel it. I told them I did not use it for that anymore just drive it on nice evenings. No go. I am going to try again at some point with all the stuff removed. It was like 200 a year. Jim

Latest posts

Back