56 minutes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunzenrosa

...that's how long it took me to cancel my wireless plan with AT&T today. 56 minutes. Wow. It started out with me needing a passcode then turned into me giving them my online account sign in info. Then the lady asks if I would like to sign up for their super deal on satellite TV even after I stated the reason for cancelling my wireless was due to leaving the country. She thanked me for giving her the opportunity of asking me if I was interested in the satellite TV offer then (at 46 minutes) proceeds to tell me she can't cancel my plan and had to transfer me. Uh, ok.
Then I'm transferred to a low talker that spent the next 10 minutes asking questions like is there someone I know that would like to use my number, if I would be interested in $10/month Internet for my tablet or hand held devices, and what it is exactly what I wanted to do. After being put on hold four times she asked the same questions again.
So Ya, 56 minutes to cancel my service and during the final confirmation that I wanted to cancel my service what does she ask me? Are you interested in signing up for our satellite TV. Are you kidding me?
Lucky for both parties I was in a good mood and just let it go but can you believe that? 56 minutes of my life I will never get back.

It was like the twilight zone, at one point I stopped listening and agreed then had to catch myself and ask what? Uh no thank you.

Me-I just want to cancel my service.

AT&T-Ok sir would you like to sign up for more of our products?

Me-ya sure, whatever

AT&T-So you DO like to continue using our service?

Me- Uh what? who is this? why are you calling me? lol. No I would like to just cancel my service please.

At one point I got the glare from my wife suggesting she thought the process was taking too long, I looked at the phone and said to the wife "it's been like 50 minutes"

AT&T- Whats that sir? are you asking me a question?

:rolleyes:

When companies start pulling crap like that I start asking them personal random questions. They usually get the point after a few questions. :D

When companies start pulling crap like that I start asking them personal random questions. They usually get the point after a few questions. :D

I tried that tactic. It backfired on me. The one gal started telling me her life story many pauses, almost like we had lost connection. Then she would continue rambling on.
I was hoping by the end her rambling the process would be complete so I continued listening only to be told she couldn't do what I had asked for in the first 10 seconds of the call. But only after she managed to get her sales pitch across.
Maybe I should have played the greepy greepster and asked what she was wearing in a greepy Mr. Gruesome voice.:D

Oh well

A good friend of mine canceled her service with At+t and they kept sending her bills after it was turned off. She never did get things straight with them. She just throws the bills in the trash.

Latest posts

Back