Kool Car Photos!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm a big fan of eddie as well. last i heard he was racing boats but haven't heard anything on him for a couple years now.

I know I posted this pic some time back. Questioned about who, what, where, and why...didn't know at the time but have recently stumbled onto the same photo with some info. The picture is supposed to be the Charlie Birger gang posing in front of the Shady Rest roadhouse/BBQ. That was the gangs hideout in Williamson county in Illinois. On Jan. 9, 1927, the Shady Rest was dynamited and burned to the ground by rivals of the gang.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 000kkk.jpg
    000kkk.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 000lll.jpg
    000lll.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 132
Wonderful old pictures, smallfoot. I an not familiar with this gang. Lot of them look like they could be relatives of mine.:eek:

Always been one of my fav Fords Mav! A kid in my high school drove a bone stock one his gramps gave him to school! Loved seeing it come in the parking lot every day! :D

BoB

Very cool. Had the same year Tempest with half a V8 and the funky rope driveline with the transaxle in the back. Needed cash at the time. :eek:

Roommate of mine in college had one. He hit a big pig broadside one night. The Tempest folded up like a jackknife.

Latest posts

Back