Finally got a project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!! Its been a fun project i can't get it off my mind i go to bed thinking about it and wake up with it on my mind. The wife tells me i need to see a doctor that I've lost my mind .

Demented hot rodder!!!

Thanks guys!! Its been a fun project i can't get it off my mind i go to bed thinking about it and wake up with it on my mind. The wife tells me i need to see a doctor that I've lost my mind .

Oh no... another demented hot rodder!!! Looks good Tiny... u r definitely makin' good progress!

BoB

Tiny,
Not to worry, my wife tells me all the time I have lost my mind. The only other thing I can do besides agree with her, is give her a kiss on the cheek and remind her who I married...:eek:

Thanks Tripper

Tiny,
Not to worry, my wife tells me all the time I have lost my mind. The only other thing I can do besides agree with her, is give her a kiss on the cheek and remind her who I married...:eek:

lol i know what ya mean FB :)

We did our first chop today. took 4 inches out. We got it tacked back on needs a few adjustments and finished welding.

Attachments

• chop001.jpg
    chop001.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 62
  • chop01.jpg
    chop01.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 95
  • chop02.jpg
    chop02.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 113
  • chop03.jpg
    chop03.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 67
  • chop04.jpg
    chop04.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 133
Thanks Bonehead .:). LOL Thats my buddy its his truck with the bracing in the cab we didn't have room for the seat so we used a universal seat lol

The chop looks great Tiny. I have a stack of those seats out back if you need to make a bench as opposed to those buckets. :D

Thanks Gastrick !!! lol may need to a small pillow to go with seat on those long rides lol

The profile looks wicked !! :D What a difference a little chop makes in a rod. I also like the headers the way they fit too.

Don

Thanks Don !!! We sat out there a hour or so after we tacked it back on we couldn't believe how much difference in made in the look.

That truck is definatly moving quick.
I like the front suspension you are using, what year was that out of?
I can't remember what year my old Ford truck was that used the same suspension. I have been comptemplating this very same setup for a build.
I see someone has beat me to bringing it forward.
I have a solid Chevy heavy I-beam axle that is going to get whacked in the center and made into an old school IFS unit. It will pivot in the center with the single mono spring and some coil overs. Also, on your R&P setup, is there actually enough extension on the ends to give you the full turning range of the rack? It seems like there is going to be a limited range.
Just curious on the actual turning radius of the rack. Keep up the great work.:D Maximo

That truck is definatly moving quick.
I like the front suspension you are using, what year was that out of?
I can't remember what year my old Ford truck was that used the same suspension. I have been comptemplating this very same setup for a build.
I see someone has beat me to bringing it forward.
I have a solid Chevy heavy I-beam axle that is going to get whacked in the center and made into an old school IFS unit. It will pivot in the center with the single mono spring and some coil overs. Also, on your R&P setup, is there actually enough extension on the ends to give you the full turning range of the rack? It seems like there is going to be a limited range.
Just curious on the actual turning radius of the rack. Keep up the great work.:D Maximo

Thanks ... The front end came out of a 1970 1/2ton ford truck. The turning range seems to be real close to what the truck was before we cut out the I Beam. It's about full round of the wheel from lock to lock.

Thanks Don !!! We sat out there a hour or so after we tacked it back on we couldn't believe how much difference in made in the look.[/QUOTE]

And I thought we were the only ones crazy enough to spend hours just looking at something we have done. When ever we do some modification we go to all different spots in the shop and look at it from that perspective, Dan will say, "hey Dad, look at it from over here."

Yep, we hot rodders are nuts for sure. :p:p:D:D

Don

Thanks Don !!! We sat out there a hour or so after we tacked it back on we couldn't believe how much difference in made in the look.

And I thought we were the only ones crazy enough to spend hours just looking at something we have done. When ever we do some modification we go to all different spots in the shop and look at it from that perspective, Dan will say, "hey Dad, look at it from over here."

Yep, we hot rodders are nuts for sure. :p:p:D:D

Don[/QUOTE]

LOL that good to hear Don now i can tell my wife its all part of being a hot rodder

The chop looks real good, tiny. Tho, for seats I prefer the lighter models :D:D

Attachments

• 7.28-5 (Medium).JPG
    7.28-5 (Medium).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 16
Lookin' really good!!!

We did our first chop today. took 4 inches out. We got it tacked back on needs a few adjustments and finished welding.

Tiny,
Wow!!! That really looks great & you guys aren't foolin' around... seems like just yesterday u were just draggin' that old tin home. It won't b long & that beast will b back on da roads again scarin' children, little old ladies & your local municipality will b rakin' it in from all the tickets u'll b gettin'!!! ; - >

Sweet!!!

BoB

The chop looks real good, tiny. Tho, for seats I prefer the lighter models :D:D

Thanks BruceR&C
I have a couple of them i use for sittin on in the shop . LOL

You got that right FB waffle butt for sure LOL

Tiny,
Wow!!! That really looks great & you guys aren't foolin' around... seems like just yesterday u were just draggin' that old tin home. It won't b long & that beast will b back on da roads again scarin' children, little old ladies & your local municipality will b rakin' it in from all the tickets u'll b gettin'!!! ; - >

Sweet!!!

BoB

Thanks Tripper it seems like its been a year to me . It want be much longer were going to take it a part and paint the frame and and cab . Working on replacing floor now.

Latest posts

Back