Finally got a project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
few pics floor still working on it. Excuse the crooked bead rolls :eek: I tried to blame my wife for them being crooked but she wouldn't have that so its my fault lol

Attachments

• floor1.jpg
    floor1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 90
  • floor2.jpg
    floor2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 69
  • floor3.jpg
    floor3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 89
  • floor4.jpg
    floor4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 74
Its been super hot here haven't been able to get much done. here is a few more of the floor and suicide doors.

Attachments

• floor5.jpg
    floor5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 66
  • floor6.jpg
    floor6.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 67
  • floor7.jpg
    floor7.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 79
suicide doors

Attachments

• doors1.jpg
    doors1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 106
  • doors2.jpg
    doors2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 107
  • doors3.jpg
    doors3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 89
  • doors4.jpg
    doors4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 114
Thanks guys.. I wished it would cool off a bit I might get a little more done. Its been between 105 & 12 heat index the last week.

The bottom of the doors were in bad shape so we decided to cut 4 1/2 inches off the bottom and make a dummy running board to hide the muffler the tail pipe it will exit in the back corner of the cab.

The truck is bitchin Tiny! I have a 51 F-1 cab that I have similar plans for. I've searched all over the net for some pictures of a rat rod Ford truck that comes close to what I want to do with mine. Yours is the best example yet. However, I'm planning on building a really long wheelbase (11 1/2 ft.) truck without a bed. It'll have a really low stance as well. After I bought my cab I thought I might have made a mistake because of it's larger cab size compared to the earlier trucks. But now after seeing what can be done with an f-1, I'm feeling A LOT better about my cab.

Thanks for all the pics and the great job your doing explaining your progress.

How about an update on your progress? - It's been awhile since you've posted anything new.

Thunder1

Haven't posted much in a while i have been under the weather and missed a month of working on truck but all's well again and were back at it. We finished up mock up and took it apart last weekend and after sitting for a month here in south Alabama the rust bunny took a good hold of it. after a few days and a lot of grinding disk it was ready for paint.

Attachments

• framegrind01.jpg
    framegrind01.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 46
  • framegrind03.jpg
    framegrind03.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 37
  • framegrind06.jpg
    framegrind06.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 47
  • framegrind07.jpg
    framegrind07.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 39
  • framegrind09.jpg
    framegrind09.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 45
Here she is with the paint

Attachments

• framePaint1.jpg
    framePaint1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 36
  • framePaint4.jpg
    framePaint4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 26
  • framePaint7.jpg
    framePaint7.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 33
  • framePaint8.jpg
    framePaint8.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 47
  • framePaint9.jpg
    framePaint9.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 49
all the batwings, Hairpens , rear end front axle is gloss black. lol i know its suppose to be a rat rod it is just a painted one :)

Attachments

• framePaint2.jpg
    framePaint2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 43
  • framePaint5.jpg
    framePaint5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 54
Tiny,
looks like Y'all been busy down there.
Progress looks good as always.
Hate to hear you were under the wether, but glad to hear you are OK. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to suck it up and drive down your way and see if I can't offer you a cold one in person.

thanks all :) the paint turned out good except a few love bugs stuck to it extra horse power. :D

Sure Flatbroke y'all come on down anytime!

I got the rear end back it it today and rolled it out in the sun took a few more pics

Attachments

• framepaint02.jpg
    framepaint02.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 33
  • framepaint04.jpg
    framepaint04.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 34
  • framepaint07.jpg
    framepaint07.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 51
  • framepaint09.jpg
    framepaint09.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 43
  • framepaint06.jpg
    framepaint06.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 40
I primed the bed today. I wanna go for a ride .. Got a pic of another project i picked a 46 ford its in rough shape but it can be fixed with a little elbow grease. The wife said I'm crazy i traded a good 1990 Nissan truck for it lol

Attachments

• bed01.jpg
    bed01.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 38
  • bed02.jpg
    bed02.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 40
  • bed03.jpg
    bed03.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 46ford.jpg
    46ford.jpg