My '64 Rambler wagon build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driveshaft's in place & fixing to go out to the shop right now to install the gauges, radiator in next! [;)

BoB

Attachments

• driveshaft.jpg
    driveshaft.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 26
  • gauges wagon.jpg
    gauges wagon.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 23
Moving along nicely.
The previous post was supposed to say (proverbial) not peruviol :p:D:rolleyes:

You're really going to like this one.[cl

I think you're on to something......a long-roof revolution.
Love this car Bob, well done!

Thanks guys! Mrs Tripper has been wanting a station wagon for years & she's finally getting her wish! Got the wiring finished, hooked the battery up & the starter turns the engine over. Gonna finish a couple lil things tomorrow, fill the tranny up & see if the beast will come to life!

BoB

Attachments

• Ram n shop.jpg
    Ram n shop.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 27
I didn't make it to Round Up with the wagon & the last straw was my cobbled radiator hoses so I spent yesterday morning giving it another go. Think I have a winner but will see when I put some water back in! The guy before me had the pinion angle really off so I ordered some shims to get it back in line! Although I didn't make it to the big show... I made some serious progress!

BoB

Since I'm putting in some pinion angle shims I figured I might as well replace the leaky front pinion seal while I'm at it! The fun never ends! [ddd:eek:

BoB

Installed some shims on my rear end... that was a bunch of fun! :eek:

The paint on my wagon is in such good shape I thought it surely was a respray but it appears to be the original paint & I found a matching pint of acrylic for some small touch up! Can't wait to try it on some places to see how close it is!

BoB

Was it always a Texas car?
If so, it must have been taken pretty good care of for it to be original paint in the Tejas sun.

FINALLY! I have been having a hard time with my cooling system, couldn't stop it from leaking! I bought an alum short water pump that was not machined properly & was thin at the bottom... although I put all kinds of water proof putty & JB weld everywhere, it would not stop leaking & the guy that welded the tabs on my radiator did a poor job on one weld. I finally pulled everything apart, replaced the alum pump with a cast iron one & JB welded the radiator up! Finally success!!! All I have left now is hook the shifter cable up, add some gas & hope to have it running this weekend! Hope to hit the muffler shop early next week & buff the paint out! There's one of my fav local cars shows coming up Saturday June 10 & looks like I'll make that! Never had so much trouble!

BoB

Was it always a Texas car?
If so, it must have been taken pretty good care of for it to be original paint in the Tejas sun.

It was definitely kept inside!

Latest posts

Back