My 1939 Ford PU Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boltbreaker, I LOVE your truck. Great build, great look, and as they have said, you have great vision. Keep the pictures coming! Good luck. Perley

Started on the front shock towers. I used the plasma cutter and cut them out of 3/16" plate. Trimmed them up with the bench grinder. Then I drilled them out with speed holes. I still have to cut the round tube that will be welded in between them. That will hopefully happen this weekend.

shocktowersframeplates007.jpg

shocktowersframeplates002.jpg

shocktowersframeplates001.jpg

Last edited:
I cut and welded the tubing for the speed holes on the shock towers yesterday. Im pretty happy with the way they turned out. I am waiting for a lower tab mount from Speedway and then I will weld the lower shock mounts and the towers to the frame and the axle. I still need to drill the upper hole for the shock bolt though.
stakepocketsgatesectowers001.jpg

stakepocketsgatesectowers002.jpg

stakepocketsgatesectowers003.jpg

I tack welded the stake pockets onto the bed as well as the bed rail tubing.
I will finish weld the bed and cab when the chassis is out to powder coat.
I might just buy a used bed next time. sheesh it is taking a while to fab:eek:
stakepocketsgatesectowers004.jpg

stakepocketsgatesectowers007.jpg

I had to cut off 3 inches from both sides of the 1953 3/4 ton tailgate to fit the rear of the bed. I need to cut 1inch steel strips to weld on the sides of the gate to reinforce it.
stakepocketsgatesectowers005.jpg

On a side note....
It may seem like alot of skipping around and disorganization on the last three posts and work I did last night. The reason is that the misses and my son were out of town and I did the loud stinky stuff (grinding and cutting) while they were gone.

Prerequisite for the next house is to have a detached garage.:rolleyes:

Hardly ANY pictures are boring BB, least of all BUILD pics. Love em. Keep em coming. You are doing great work. p.s. I like the bed much better than a boughten one. Perley

Thanks guys for the words of encouragment!
I am having alot of fun working on the truck. I hit a mental road block with it a few weeks ago but now have a new sense of excitement about working on it.
BB

I cut the frame center supports last night.
If all goes well I will hopefully weld them in and weld on the shock brackets and get this thing stripped for coating real soon. I finally feel like it is looking like something that will drive:cool:

You bought that from Sam! He has been advising me on my truck build & is a good friend of one of my Wednesday lunch pals. Small world isn't it?

You bought that from Sam! He has been advising me on my truck build & is a good friend of one of my Wednesday lunch pals. Small world isn't it?
He seems like a very nice guy. I have bought some other parts from him but havent met him face to face yet. I am really looking forward to getting the panel once the snow breaks and chatting with him.
One of my wifes best friends lives in Stillwater Mn. Who knows maybe it is another one of those small worlds.

Latest posts

Back