S10 V8 Engine Mount Adapters

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As my introduction post indicated I have two 46 Chevy Pickups - one partially on the way to becoming a Ratrod and with an S10 Blazer frame under it already with a stock 350 cu in Chevy and 700r4 Tranny in it. I am not sure that the engine is sitting properly (pretty far forward and close to the steering box) and I want to use the correct engine swap adapters for it. Any thoughts, experiences, and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As my introduction post indicated I have two 46 Chevy Pickups - one partially on the way to becoming a Ratrod and with an S10 Blazer frame under it already with a stock 350 cu in Chevy and 700r4 Tranny in it. I am not sure that the engine is sitting properly (pretty far forward and close to the steering box) and I want to use the correct engine swap adapters for it. Any thoughts, experiences, and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

S-10 V8 swap mounts will put the engine too far forward. I made my own mounts based on exactly where I wanted the engine to be for proper firewall clearance. You could see what these guys have: http://www.e-zchassisswaps.com/index.php

05snopro440

That is what I am thinking as well? I do not mind making my own just want to test the waters. Do you have any pics on your thread of your mounts? I know you used a Buick motor? Thanks.

I used the s-10 v8 mounts but reversed them to set the motor farther back where is needs to be. It blocks the manual fuel pump. Check out my 53 build.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2012-03-16 19.20.49.jpg
    2012-03-16 19.20.49.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 2012-03-16 19.20.58.jpg
    2012-03-16 19.20.58.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 72
SneakySnake

Thank you for the tip and the time to share your pics. I looked at your 53 Build Thread.... very impressive and I love the style you have gone with. How far are you along in relation to what you have posted? Is the truck finished? Again very nice work and some great ideas there!!! Standing By for some more pics.... [P

No, not finished. Been dragging my feet. putting in the trans hump and working out where the rear axle needs to be.

TAT, maybe mock up your fenders, hood, rad and grilleshell or as much of that stuff as you're putting on, and see how much room you have for your motor. I'm guessing the motor has to be right near the firewall at the back. If your motor is near the steering box, you're still OK, just not touching. Maybe your existing motor mounts are alright. Here's a picture of my clearance issue with a steering box, [about 3/16"] and I had to move the motor mount down and inward 3 or 4", but it works and there is no clanging of the water pump on the steering box.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 34
On my 39 Ford PU, I used stock four-banger mounts on the frame, and clipped the ears off of the inner part to move the engine 1/2 inch forward so I could use the stock drive shaft. The parts on the block I trimmed a bit to make things work easier. I have room to move the engine back about 4 inches if I like, but every thing fits like a glove.

I was also told that the vortec v6 mounts worked, but they didn't work for me.

I agree about doing a mock-up to see where everything need to live before making any decisions.

a little information is a dangerous thing

Hi guys I want to thank you for the information. I think that I have the right forum as I start my build. An old 1950 international pick up with 66 METEOR 390 engine and drive train.
Rust is infectious, I am barely started and my mind is spinning with ideas. keep up the good stuff.
Crowman

Latest posts

Back