1937 chevy truck 3/4 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoa, geo metro... can you imagine walking in a dealer showroom and debating with yer wife on which color it should have... :eek:[ddd

I love the sound of the A-engine... :(

i used like 3 or 4 different size wire wheels,

plus 3 different size wire brushes

the geo metro is a 91, it has 98k miles on it,
the intank fuel pump went out and the car got parked

the valve cover cap was broken, so it leaked oil from that, i got another cap from the junkyard

i ordered a gasket kit for the engine
and trans axle seals

still need to order a new water pump and timing belt kit and clutch kit

clutch is good but the only reason to order a new clutch kit is because its out right now, i have a few weeks before i need to place a order for the other stuff i need

i need to get back on my mini subframe jig
but i need to finish removing the wiring from the car so i can kick that outside and clear up some garage space

Untitled by joa kwin, on Flickr

had to go buy some long m10x1.25 bolts to put the trans on the engine stand,
i picked up the engine stand used for $20, its a lighter duty stand, but the engine and trans is like 150-160 lbs

the engine uses m10x1.25 for the bell housing

im planning on doing some more cleaning on the trans, prep it for paint
i have some silver paint for the trans

and then i can start on cleaning the engine up,
im thinking of painting the engine a deeper blue color
because the lhd mini will probably be a deeper blue with white roof

whoa, geo metro... can you imagine walking in a dealer showroom and debating with yer wife on which color it should have... :eek:[ddd

I love the sound of the A-engine... :(

the lhd mini has a 998/4 speed right now, 40hp and 58tq

this 3 banger is like 55hp and about the same tq, but has a extra gear in the box, and tbi fuel injection
they say this engine in the mini gets around 60-65mpg

the 998 in the lhd mini smokes white when it gets to running temp, and then starts to misfire like crazy,
the carb needs to be rebuilt and the engine, and probably needs a head, and leaks oil from every gasket
i dont really want to spend a few $k for a 40hp engine, a used 998 engine will run $1k to 1500 or so plus the ride, and i picked up the metro for $400

plus i like fuel injection, i drive between 4-5k feet above sea level

i plan to fit the minis rear part of the exhaust pipe to the metro engine, so hopefully it kind of sounds like a A series engine somewhat, being the same size liters

my wife had a metro when she was just my girlfriend, and I had a friend with a subaru justy (same 3 cyl). they were both fun the romp on. great idea for upcycling, 20 extra hp is going to moooooove that little thing!!!

The wife and I were in Vegas some years ago and rented a Metro Geo with the 3 cylinder. Man would that little thing go and the fuel mileage was outstanding.

Untitled by joa kwin, on Flickr

transmission im working on, had a bad pressure switch and harness inside and bad tcm, and someone put engine oil into the trans..... allison 3000 series

Latest posts

Back