Please be careful my friends

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear this sad news. A young man loosing his parents. I do believe in the God of mercy and love, and will pray for Ethan. (I won't easily forget his name, because my brother has a grandson by the same name, and roughly the same age, just a bit older, i think.)
I was a stranger to this practice of putting up a memorial at the accident site until my daughter's boyfriend was killed in an auto accident not far from our home. We put up a cross we had made, and it stayed up for some years, but later a road crew did some work on that stretch and it disappeared. So keeping it in the fence row is a good idea. (We had it close to the fence, but it was just an electric fence, so not so permanent.) I've wondered what the custom is for how long these should be kept up, before you bring it home to keep it. (We are still good friends with his parents, who treat our daughter like a daughter to them as well, and her children like they were their own grandchildren.)
I hope that his work on this cross will be meaningful for him, and will in some way help him get through this. But most of all, for the grace of God to hold him up. (I hope I'm not getting too "religious" here, but in the book of James it says that true religion is looking after the needs of widows and orphans.)

Nice Neto

Been away from the board a few days and just saw this now. Many interviews with people who have died and revived are on You Tube. Has made a positive difference in my outlook on life. Good that you are there to support Ethan right now when he needs it. Sending happy energy your way SF.

Sorry to hear this sad news. A young man loosing his parents. I do believe in the God of mercy and love, and will pray for Ethan. (I won't easily forget his name, because my brother has a grandson by the same name, and roughly the same age, just a bit older, i think.)
I was a stranger to this practice of putting up a memorial at the accident site until my daughter's boyfriend was killed in an auto accident not far from our home. We put up a cross we had made, and it stayed up for some years, but later a road crew did some work on that stretch and it disappeared. So keeping it in the fence row is a good idea. (We had it close to the fence, but it was just an electric fence, so not so permanent.) I've wondered what the custom is for how long these should be kept up, before you bring it home to keep it. (We are still good friends with his parents, who treat our daughter like a daughter to them as well, and her children like they were their own grandchildren.)
I hope that his work on this cross will be meaningful for him, and will in some way help him get through this. But most of all, for the grace of God to hold him up. (I hope I'm not getting too "religious" here, but in the book of James it says that true religion is looking after the needs of widows and orphans.)

" But most of all, for the grace of God to hold him up. (I hope I'm not getting too "religious" here, but in the book of James it says that true religion is looking after the needs of widows and orphans."

Good of you to voice your faith.

Many are truly supportive, and it ends there.

I just saw this post...I have been out of town away from reliable internet since Jan 20th...

I am so sorry to hear this...having worked for the local county DPW it was my job to take "after" pictures of fatal crash sites....never a fun job...

Some of the memorials for the younger kids were heart wrenching to see.

Your poor grandson...hopefully he will get thru this and be able to make some sense of it as time goes along.

Prayers coming your way for your family...GOD will carry you thru this one...

Remember the good times.

MikeC

Wow, just . . . wow. I am speechless. I am so sorry for this troubling time you have to go through. If you need anything I'm not too far away, just let me know.

Latest posts

Back