Second Wind - a Packard Gasser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the frame and suspension pieces painted up.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 53
I'm curious, what kind of paint did you use? What color? It looks good!

PPG urethane, Silver Blue Poly, I think it was a Toyota color? Don't recall exactly, I used it on the 34 Caddy suspension parts and others since - still had a little so just showed them the label and got another gal. I wanted to make the suspension and chassis bright since with a high riding car it will be quite visible. Also it will go with just about any body color - which is yet to be decided on....

Very nice. How did you rotate the frame?

Oh I wish, Bob! I just shot it the way you see it, rolling around on a creeper to do the underside - not ideal but got it done. Same deal when it comes to doing the underside of the body - I like doing things the hard way I guess....:D

Had the body blasted today, done with glass bead, nice finish and no warpage. Need a couple days to go over everything welding up the inevitable pin holes revealed by blasting the barnacles off, then everything gets a shot of epoxy primer.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 63
I remember when you were going to keep the patina and blend in the new stuff :p

It's coming along!

I have glass bead in my cabinet at home. I really like it for the stuff I use it for.

That fella must be really good to dry blast it and no warpage.
[cl:cool:
Seems to be no problem, I think because the glass bead is not such an aggressive media, it doesn't produce as much heat as sand - also I'm sure if you go too hard at it you could still mess it up...

I remember when you were going to keep the patina and blend in the new stuff :p

It's coming along!

I have glass bead in my cabinet at home. I really like it for the stuff I use it for.

Yeah, well, after all the body mods and different colored fenders etc., I didn't want to do a faketina job - that and I have a problem stopping at the 'rough' stage...

Splashed a nice juicy coat of epoxy primer on everything, time to get started on the bondo - er - bodywork, lots to do, gonna take while. I'd like to get some color on it before going south in October - have to see how it goes...

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0309.jpg